Acknowledgement, please

Options
I'm a newbie when it comes to weight loss. I started only about a month ago. I've read Tom Venuto's book BFFM (which is great), but I couldn't follow the plan as for now. Instead I begun to count my calories here and exercise. I used to spend almost entire day sitting in front of a computer screen (for work... well, studying really, or for fun), sitting in buses (commuting 45 km), or in classes. I had barely time to eat, let alone exercise. And even though it seams it should work out well for me, I could always find time to eat, not the other way around :P. But since November 22 it has changed. I've lost 7 kg since then (about 15 pounds; I'm from Poland and we use metric). I eat slightly less and I exercise, which makes me feel GREAT! I have got rowing machine and stationary bike in my room and I spend about 45 to 60 minutes 5 times a week actively using them (they were used as hangers before :P). And I feel I succeeded. And I'm willing to keep on doing that. But I feel that I need to hear from people that I did well. I'm motivated, but who couldn't use a boost? I wear 2 sizes smaller pants. I weight 98 kg now, not 105 (which was my weight for 4 years). I don't mean to be * (put your insult here), but please! Congratulate me! Thank You! Best wishes!

And Hi, by the way, my name is Michał (Mike).
PS Correct my English, that's how I learn :D.

Replies

• rou_pl
    Options
    I'm a newbie when it comes to weight loss. I started only about a month ago. I've read Tom Venuto's book BFFM (which is great), but I couldn't follow the plan as for now. Instead I begun to count my calories here and exercise. I used to spend almost entire day sitting in front of a computer screen (for work... well, studying really, or for fun), sitting in buses (commuting 45 km), or in classes. I had barely time to eat, let alone exercise. And even though it seams it should work out well for me, I could always find time to eat, not the other way around :P. But since November 22 it has changed. I've lost 7 kg since then (about 15 pounds; I'm from Poland and we use metric). I eat slightly less and I exercise, which makes me feel GREAT! I have got rowing machine and stationary bike in my room and I spend about 45 to 60 minutes 5 times a week actively using them (they were used as hangers before :P). And I feel I succeeded. And I'm willing to keep on doing that. But I feel that I need to hear from people that I did well. I'm motivated, but who couldn't use a boost? I wear 2 sizes smaller pants. I weight 98 kg now, not 105 (which was my weight for 4 years). I don't mean to be * (put your insult here), but please! Congratulate me! Thank You! Best wishes!

And Hi, by the way, my name is Michał (Mike).
    PS Correct my English, that's how I learn :D.
  • bricker06
    Options
    congrats. i am also a newbie so the encouragement will be very nice. keep up the good work
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Welcome!! Congrats on the huge loss!! 15lbs in 1 month is EXCELLENT!!
    I bet you have found that people have noticed and are congratulating you that way though too!!
    It sounds as though youare doing a lot of exercise and that is why you have done so well, it really doers make you feel great!!

Keep up the great work and we will all be here to congratulate you on your next 15lbs!! :happy:

Amanda
  • grogus747
    Options
    congrats Rou :) i just started today. and well, my eating today wasn't ideal.. but i'm sure this will help me.. i have a loooooooong way to go, need to lose 120lbs =O anyway, good stuff and keep it up :)
  • cmcdougal
    Options
    I just joined today as well, and so far, this site is pretty cool. Although I don't have as much weight to lose as some, it is going to be a challenge just the same. I find that healthy soup is a good way to feel full, contentment, and is great for the cold winter months. Also, I drank a lot more water today than usual, and that helped me with the food gravings. Sometimes, I think that I eat when I am simply thirsty that a good glass of water would cure.

My name is Cheryl - soon to be 54, and happily married. So much, that I think that it has helped the pounds come on!
  • webebeer
    Options
    :noway: wow...15 lbs in a month...great work.......keep it up...wish I could say the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 15 pds in a month thats great!!!!!!
    i am trying hard not to eat thise chips thats sit in my cubbard for the kids it is hard and when one person does can do it it is motivation for other good work!!!!!!:drinker:
  • eva1069
    Options
    :wink: Good Morning everyone, well yesterday was my fist day and at first I started pretty well with eating until it came to dinner and then I ate everything insite. I went way over my calorie counts. This morning I steped on the scale and gained another 1 1/2. That was discouraging. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes yesterday and pilates for 1 hour and drank only 8 glasses of water. But the good news is I am gonna try it again.
  • eva1069
    Options
    Good for you. That is awesome. Congratulations on losing 15 lbs. I way 188.8 and need to loose 50 lbs and reading your message this morning is a great inspirations. I hope that I can do the same. I just love food that I eat alot and I get to the point where I am so uncomfortably fool. I want to learn to eat all the things i love but in smaller portions or maybe instead of 2-3 serving just one.

Wish me luck.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    congrats rou, I am happy to hear you lost 15 lbs, that is a lot of hard work on your part and you should be proud! Keep on going strong! We'll talk you you whenever you need or want it. Just jump on in on a post and say hi:smile:
  • Firment
    Options
    great job. just keep at it. if there is a little bit of a gain don't worry. take each day and concentrate on getting through that day........TTFN
  • rou_pl
    Options
    Than you for all your replies! It feels great to hear from people who went through similar things. I have only two friends who have lost weight. And only now I can fully appreciate their effort. And it is amazing when people do start noticing that there is less of you then before :).

I'm going to update my profile tomorrow. And I will be visiting the community section more often.
    Now I'm off to conquer the world. Well... actually I'm off to sleep (It's 1 AM here).
    Good night :)
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!! It feels great to lose weight and, especially, pant sizes! I've only lost one size and 10 lbs so far, but I'm on my way. The last two weeks I've kind of taken a breather with the holidays, traveling, and all of the bad foods around, but I know I'll get back on track. This website is a real motivator. It makes me accountable for everything. Welcome and keep coming back to us for support! The people here are fantastic!