calories in Pho Ga?

Options
Anyone know what the serving size is of a small pho ga at Than Bros in Seattle? they say there is 445 cal in a 1.5 cup serving, but the bowl they serve seems bigger than that. 3 cups would be 950 calories... am I really eating that much? And then there's that little cream puff, too! Help!?

Replies

• Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Man, it's so hard to figure that stuff out. We have this great place down the road from me that has awesome Pho Tai, but when I look it up, same thing. And it scares me away from it. How can a couple strips of beef, and soup be that many calories?!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I love vietnamese food too. But it's the noodles that kill. I love Tai, and I just half the noodles the give me. Also, the sodium is monsterous. Earn it, and you won't feel guilty. Maybe that's what I'll splurge on for dinner this weekend.
  • chefswife1975
    chefswife1975 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is one in the database that has something like 650 cal for a serving and that's what I use when I have it. I can never finish a whole bowl anyway so I usually just put whatever the percentage of that particular one when I eat it. Usually between 50-75% of it, which ends up being a pretty reasonably sized meal, especially when I've had a workout that day. One thing too, having something like Pho ensures that you have a great flavor combo thrown into your food repertoire and you don't get bored. If you have a bunch of sodium, just drink a bunch of water and watch your sodium intake for the rest of the day/week. If you always deprive yourself of what you love, you'll never stick to the lifestyle change.
    Good luck, everyone!