Toning but NOT LOSING

Options
GinaSmash
GinaSmash Posts: 37 Member
I've been the same weight for over a month. I can see that my muscles are getting toned, but it was getting hard for me to see the same number for so many weeks. I took measurements 2 weeks ago to help keep myself motivated. Does anyone know how often I should re-measure? As of today, my measurements are the same.

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I weigh every week and measure every two. That way I don't get disheartened if there's not much weight loss, but there's a measurement to back it up. Also if my clothes feel better, I know I'm doing well.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I hid my scale. I was being completely fanatic over the number, it was really making me depressed and hindering my journey. I haven't weighed myself in about a week in a half, and I will not weigh myself until June 15th [or maybe even 30th, after I'm done with my modified JM slimdown challenge]

I'd just keep measuring, and not worry too much about the scale. Sometimes it seems not to budge for weeks, then one week you have a big loss. :) Don't get too discouraged.

Also, forget to add...I measure every 15 days :)
  • GinaSmash
    GinaSmash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. Sometimes I just need to hear it from someone else. I will try measuring in the morning and then again in two weeks.

Jessiebug - I just read Making the Cut by Jillian Michaels. How is the slimdown challenge?