• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bump in case I feel like eating before bed tonight..:laugh:

and because it's a great topic!:wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    i had this same problem for the longest time, and when i would restrict myself from sweets or do the one day a week thing i would binge eat so bad and i couldnt stop. so what i started doing was allowing myself a "reward" every night if i did good that day. i will allow myself to eat a 1/2 cup of icecream made with splenda. my fav is dryers slow churned triple chocolate!!!!! it only has 110 calories for half a cup so its easy to fit into your daily calories. it's so good and it does the trick!!! since i started doing this i even find myself passing on it some nights (i think its the whole mental thing.) i also like yoplait whips chocolate mousse! Hope this helps, good luck!!!!!!

Great advice! I love the churned Dryers, too.

thbumpphotobucketcaza_roll.gif
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,994 Member
    Options
    Since everyone is talking about the binge challenge, where do I go to sign up. Some days I do so good on my diet, then other days I come home after working out and want some peanut butter. Peanut butter is my biggest weakness and my binge. Peanut butter is the best bedtime snap for sleeping, I swear the best sleep you will ever get, but not the best for my diet at bedtime.

Here is the Binge Challenge thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23990-a-challenge-for-bingers

You can find old topics by going to Community>and in the "Search" box, type a word or two that you think applies to the post you ar looking for. I just now did that and found the thread by typing "Binge Challenge" into the box. The oldest threads are first in the listings, so I had to scroll down to recent ones. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    i'll put my two cents in-

I get hungry at night for sweets and I make myself some hot oatmeal and put some ground flaxseed in it to sweeten it- it's very tasty AND it helps me go to sleep =)
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :happy: i also am a nightime binge eater.it must be sweets and i will run to the store in rain ,snow whatever and buy 10 dollars worth of sweets and come home and eat them as fast as I can it sucks,I have lost 56 pounds 3 years ago and have put back on21 because of this nasty habit........could someone tell me how to insert my ticker into my posts thanku,.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I don't get the munchies before bed, mine is in the middle of the night! Everyone else is asleep, and I'm creeping into the kitchen to see what I can find. I've controlled it for the most part, but when I'm in high stress situations (like right now, my stepmother is staying with us--see my blog, lol), I can plow through a bag of chips and dip, a bag of chocolate chips, a container of buttercream frosting, you name it. Last night, I ate some leftover chocolate that I had covered candy canes with before Christmas, then, because I knew that was bad for me, I made an omelet so I could be healthier. Crazy!
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    u r certainly an inspiration to me thanks.................