How Many Minutes a Week?

Options
How many minutes a week do YOU work out? I'm doing around 250 minutes of cardio and am trying to get a sense of if that is enough. I'm 130 pounds and would like to get down to about 118 and be toned. I throw in some strength training as well that isnt included in the cardio total.

So...how much cardio / strength do you guys do a week?

Replies

• Franticantics
    Options
    I do between 2000-3000 mintes a week.
    The bulk of that is taken by dance lessons as i'm in full time dance training, but I go to the gym on top of that for extra cardio / strength training.
    I'm currently on reading week so no classes this week, instead i'm burning up the gym with 2 hour sessions most days, a mixture of speed interval training and HIIT. It kills me but it works :)
  • OutDaWay
    OutDaWay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do around 21 hours a week. Mix of cardio and weight training.
  • jennlco
    jennlco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I exercise between 30mins to 75mins per day (usually allowing some sort of rest day as well)... but it really depends on what I am doing, what intensity I am exercising at and what I have eaten that day...
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I set mine to be 45 min/day, 6 times a week. I get a mix of gym and actual useful activities (like biking to work or ballroom dancing) so I almost always go over the target in minutes... by a lot. I usually aim to burn around 300 Cal a day (I can do that on an elliptical in 25 mins) b/c I'm 132lbs now and I want to eat more than MFP is giving me for maintenance.
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do around 60-120 minutes of cardio a day (except sundays) and I'm starting to work some strength training in too. I aim to burn around 3500 cal a week through exercise - not because it's a magic number but because that's what I did in week 1!! I've missed it the last couple of weeks though and done around 2500 cals :(
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    about 90 minutes a time, 4 or 5 days a week, so what, 450?