Do scales become in-accurate when the batteries are low?

Options
I'm not sure if my scales are messing about as they are low on battery or if i really do weigh that much? I lost 7.5 inches from my body but it's saying that I've gained 3lbs. I decided to weigh in at my friends house and her scales said i lost 3lbs , i'm not sure whether mine are right and I've gained muscle or whether hers are right and i'v lost weight. I also don't know if mine are just fooling around because they're low on battery. Help anyone?
If you can read this and make sense of it then , hoorah!

Replies

• jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    low batteries might effect the accuracy of your scales. Always use the same scales!! Change the batteries and hopefully your weight will be more accurate.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i found that it does with my scale. it showed that i gained weight when it was low. i always keep a spare because i weigh myself every morning.
  • CherryPie0420
    CherryPie0420 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree to change the batteries and continue to weigh on the same scale
  • Pete_Mann
    Pete_Mann Posts: 94
    Options
    Scales can be inaccurate even with fresh batteries. Use them as a guide, but don't make them the only measure of how much you are losing. Plus muscle weighs more than fat, so if you lost 7.5 inches pat yourself on the back, because you are doing very well.