Can someone help me make a grocery list? PLEASE!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You have to make healthy eating a habit and it takes 12 weks to become habit(so I hear) so even if you have to make the food on a day off before your week beins so you can grab and go as you run out the door.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just got the BEST grocery store advise ever..

Shop around the perimeter of the store. You will see-it is the fresh fruits, dairy, meat and usually bread all around the perimeter. The inside isles are all the process food.

Of course, go down the toilet paper isle too, or you family will NOT like me at all!!:bigsmile:

wow i never thought of that, that's a good idea, would make my trip easier too

Another hint I use: I only shop at produce markets and meat markets day-to-day. That way, I'm getting fruits and veg. . .and meat. No boxes of frozen/processed whatevers. I make a trip to a grocery store for staples (rice, oats, etc) about once a month. I get fresher (sometimes cheaper) food at the produce/meat market and there aren't any candy bars at the checkouts, either. Just a thought, if you have access to those markets.:flowerforyou:
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    I just found a great on the go b-fast if you have about 3 minutes to do it. The Smart Ones has a egg white and cheese english muffin that you heat in the microwave for 1 min 20 sec. You turn it over and cook and add'l 30 seconds...this is where I add a slice of canadian bacon. It's yummy and is a quick protein carb start to your day!
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    I just found a great on the go b-fast if you have about 3 minutes to do it. The Smart Ones has a egg white and cheese english muffin that you heat in the microwave for 1 min 20 sec. You turn it over and cook and add'l 30 seconds...this is where I add a slice of canadian bacon. It's yummy and is a quick protein carb start to your day!

thanks, i've tried these before and just picked some up at the store (they really get a few bucks for those) but its worth it since when i'm starving in the morning i'll grab a similar product in the fast food form and their at least double the calories.

p.s. i found one that already has canadian bacon on it, still the same 210 calories too