ANYONE OUT THERE WITH "PCOS" TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT

Options
ANYONE OUT THERE WITH "PCOS" TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT.
I'm 31 I just moved to the Katy / Houston area and I really could use some workout support. I work from home so I have a flexible schedule and I would like to meet women that are in the same boat I am. I need to take control of the illness and I am ready to start now!

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am, friend me if you want!
  • pizzygirltx
    Options
    I am from Orange TX and have PCOS. Feel free to add me!
  • tracybooth1965
    Options
    Me! Add me if you want support?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Yup!

I lost some weight back in 2007 then gained it back in 2009. And just last year, 2010, I re-lost it and am trying to lose more now.
    Once I get into it, I LOVE working out. The eating stuff is a bit harder for me because I love carbs. But I'm going for it!!!

For workout right now I'm doing P90X and some extra cardio here and there and just living an active lifestyle (because when I'm having fun I don't notice the sweat!) like bike riding and playing soccer on a women's team.
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, YEP! i have the full blown syndrome and trying to lose weight is a nightmare. Please friend me, us PCOS sufferers need all the support we can get. :flowerforyou:
  • TututheMoon
    TututheMoon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im not even close to you, I am in Oklahoma but i have PCOS and i feel you. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list....us cysters need to stick together, so anyone here please feel free to send me a friend request!!! We can beat the devil (pcos)!!!!!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    me me mem me. I am always up for new friends with PCOS
  • kristina305
    Options
    Me too! It has been a long journey, but if you continue to eat right and exercise you can lose weight. I have lost 73 lbs to date! It has taken me a bit longer, but it is achievable!! Kristina
  • supernerdywife
    supernerdywife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have PCOS too, I got diagnosed at 16, tried to fight it naturally and failed, so now I'm starting metformin. I gained 100lbs very quickly due to the lovely pcos, so now I'm working to get it off! Feel free to add me!
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Me!! It's so hard to lose weight with PCOS...but I'm determined to do it! Feel free to add me!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am from Orange TX and have PCOS. Feel free to add me!

I use to live in Hamshire! We are practically neighbors LOL
  • Cjrucks
    Cjrucks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I found out 10 years ago I have PCOS. Weight has been an issue. Recently found an article from WellBella (GNC magazine) about one new flavornoid and asked if that could help PCOS but also was referred to another supplement that seems to work for PCOS women.

WellBella Magazine also commented on their link.

WellBella Magazine wrote: "We have spent alot of time studying this type of scenerio over the last few years and it is always intersting when we see this type of question come up. Typically the key to dealing with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is to increase insulin sensitivity and utilization. Some drugs such as Metformin and Rosiglitazone have been shown to help with this. The short answer is "yes" Emulin wil help with this condition as it is very good at increasing insulin sensitivity and utilization with little or no side effects and would be very useful for this condition. I would also like to point out that "inositol" is a natural compound found in citrus peel that has been proven recently to be one of the best treatments for this condition. It can be purchased at any health food store and is very effective. I would highly recommend it. I offer this quote for reference. "D-chiro-inositol (DCI) has been found in two double-blind studies to be an effective treatment for many of the clinical hallmarks of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), including insulin resistance, hyperandrogenism, and oligo-amenorrhea.[27][28] The impetuses for these studies were the observed defects in DCI metabolism in PCOS and the implication of DCI in insulin signal transduction.[7][29]"

I found near me a VitaminShoppe that has Choline/ Inositol for $21.99 for 300 pills. Started it yesterday hope it can help. If you search there are other places like Sparkespeople where PCOS women have posted trying this and loosing weight. With of course daily good eating and exercise.

Far away in Wisconsin.
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there from MA!

Yep, I too have PCOS and weight has been a constant battle. Dx'd about 10-12 yrs ago, and am on Spiro, Met, Vitamin D and Chiral Balance and biotin. Although these things help a bit nothing seems to help nearly as much as nutritional vigilance and daily rigorous exercise.

I invite any of you ladies to free to add me as a friend. I think it is SO important to have fellow cysters that really understand what you are dealing with and can share support as well as tips of what works/doesn't work for them.

In my experience, we end up knowing more about it and how to help ourselves than many of the doctors out there unfortunately.
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there from MA!

Yep, I too have PCOS and weight has been a constant battle. Dx'd about 10-12 yrs ago, and am on Spiro, Met, Vitamin D and Chiral Balance and biotin. Although these things help a bit nothing seems to help nearly as much as nutritional vigilance and daily rigorous exercise.

I invite any of you ladies to free to add me as a friend. I think it is SO important to have fellow cysters that really understand what you are dealing with and can share support as well as tips of what works/doesn't work for them.

In my experience, we end up knowing more about it and how to help ourselves than many of the doctors out there unfortunately.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. I gained 80 pounds because of it. But I lost 66 in spite of it so far.

My bag of tricks involved an endocrinologist and gyno who worked together. I take Metformin and Yaz and for a while I had to take Cytomel for my thyroid. I slightly lowered my carb intake and did a physician monitored low calorie diet only long enough to get my waist to a healty measurment andt get into a healthy BMI range. Finally, I follow MFP now. Eating exercize calories, working out, drinking alot of water, and not stressing when I fall. I also went Vegan a little over a year ago and that has helped alot of other things in a sence that I am more comfotable in my own skin now. If that makes any sense at all.

I switched to Yaz after Femcon. Plus I lost my cycle due to an anorexia relapse. My cycle is still not normal, but my gyno says at least I'm ovulating sometimes. My testosterone and thyroid have stayed WNL most of the time, but I have more cysts now that I did before and they hurt. She said she can't even see my ovaries through the cysts, but she is pretty sure that by staying on Metformin, I will be able to get pregnant in the future.

Friend me if you want. I'm pretty decent support IMO.
  • iva001
    iva001 Posts: 162
    Options
    EVERYONE ADD ME!!! My Dr took me off of Diane 35 and I got hairer :(
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I have the dreaded PCOS as well : ( But I am currently trying to kick it's a**! Feel free to add me!! :flowerforyou:
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi i also have PCOS , I've struggled with my weight all my adult life - i live no where near any of you - i'm in England but anyone feel free to add me as a friend, need all the support i can get .
  • ritas1982
    ritas1982 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello, I am from Colorado and could be your support on MFP. I also have PCOS and just got put on Metformin and it seems to be helping my doctor said it would take a few months before it really helped but I did love 3 pounds this week and it was the most I have lost in a long time. I recommend talking with your doctor about it if you haven't already.