A little confused

Options
kezell83
kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
I just started counting calories yesterday. Do I need to wait a couple of weeks for my body to get used to eating this way before I start exercising? I didnt exactly feel real great yesterday. Light headed and felt kinda out of my body. If that explains it right. And I did not exercise yesterday.

Replies

• MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you do some exercise, even just a little walking you will 'earn' more calories to eat - so probably won't feel light headed. If you still feel light-headed you probably are not eating enough calories. You have to eat enough to look after your body otherwise you won't have the energy to exercise.
  • koondoggie_99
    Options
    Make sure you eat the right kind of foods...eat every 3-4 hours that should help!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories a day. but when i exercise i gett to eat more and i like it. :) just walk to for now. And dont forget to explore all the lowfat low calorie options out there so you wont starve yourself. Check out other peoples food diaries to get ideas.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Also, try to make sure those cals you ARE eating contain enough protein. I always feel more full/less light-headed, etc on days that I get more protein than on days that are just carb-heavy. And water, water, water!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    FYI, it helps us to give imput if we can see your food diary.

It sounds like you were too restrictive with your eating. Could also be the type of foods you were eating. I don't count carbs persay but I know that if I have a high carb meal (for instance cheerios and milk with banana) that it won't stick with me as long as something with higher protein will and I'll get that low blood sugar woozy feeling within a couple hours. No need to go crazy with carb counting, just be conscious of the carb/protein balance in your meals and try different things.

And I would say, yes, wait to start exercising until you figure out your diet enough not to get that woozy feeling.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? Also, make sure it is good for you calories. Don't eat 1200 calories worth of McDonald's and candy bars; you will feel like crap then. Make sure it is lots of veggies and fruit, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy! Good luck on your journey! This site is the bomb!
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Start with short walks and work your way up. Drink lots of water, eat lots of protein and make sure you are eating enough calories.