Stacked Tortillas

Options
jabbogurl
jabbogurl Posts: 193
I've typed this up 3 times now, because my computer is stupid, so please pardon any typos........

Stacked Tortillas

Salsa Verde
*10 tomatillos
*3 jalapenos (less if you don't like spicy)
*1 medium white onion
*1 T EVOO
*S&P
*1 T garlic

Remove husk and rinse all tomatillos, corse chop onion (I did half and then thrid each half with the ends cut off), and cut off tops of jalapenos. Toss with EVOO and S&P Place all in 9x13 baking dish and broil about 10 mins until charred on top. Dump all, plus garlic in blender.

Stacked Tortillas
*1/2 chopped chicken breast
*1 shot tequilla
*1 T lime juice
*6 corn tortillas
*2 T guacamole
*4 T salsa verde
*chopped onion, tomato and cilantro
*1/4 C mex cheese

Saute chicken, tequilla and lime juice. Use the same 9X13 baking dish, smear bottom with 2T of salsa verde, as if you were making lasanga. This recepie makes 2 servings, so there will be two stacks of tortillas. I will just explain one stack to keep it simple. Place one tortilla in dish, smear 1T of guacamole on torilla and place another tortilla on top. Top that tortila with cheese, salsa verde, chicken, chopped onion and a little more cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Sprinkle cheese on that. Bake at 375 about 10 mins to melt evetything. Then garnish with tomato, onion and cilantro.

About 400 calories, but REALLY filling! Beats a taco bell mexican pizza, which was my inspiration.

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    Served it with the left over salsa and chips too. My husband loved it! He didn't believe that I just whipped it together. LoL.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    my I just say in a sentence....

my mouth is watering right now!