Herbalife...or not

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
OK, I am absolute sure this may be the topic of the day. I know there may have been someone on here who has, or know someone who has tried Herbalife! If so, what was your experience with it? What was the reason you tried it, lose weight, boost metabolism, cleanse colon...etc? Would you recommend it? Would like to get some input, and once again, all responses are welcomed no matter what side of fence you are on.

Replies

• bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    Bump! I want to hear the responses as well. I try and do a shake a day with no supplements.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I chose Visalus instead because they have more nutrition per shake and I get a 30 day supply of 2 shakes a day for $117 shipped to CA. Plus I have access to over 100 difference recipes for the shakes, the powder base is sweet cream (smells like cake batter) and goes well with any frozen fruit, OJ, instant coffee (with a tspn of cocoa powder for a Mocha) pomegranate juice, etc.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    I have a friend that does the herbalife challenges. She is losing weight, but it is slow. She doesn't have much time to work out, so she is just logging her food, and using the supplements.
    I have told her about this site, and she has an account here. But she never logs in. But to answer your question, yes it does work. She actually won a trip to Hawaii last year. But an increase in her workload has slowed her availability for r working out. So progress is slow.
    Oh, and I buy the total control metabolism booster pills from her. They're kinda expensive but they work for me.
  • mklouise
    mklouise Posts: 3
    Options
    I just started 3 days ago. shakes and supplements. I also want to hear your experiences with this diet.
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I chose Visalus instead because they have more nutrition per shake and I get a 30 day supply of 2 shakes a day for $117 shipped to CA. Plus I have access to over 100 difference recipes for the shakes, the powder base is sweet cream (smells like cake batter) and goes well with any frozen fruit, OJ, instant coffee (with a tspn of cocoa powder for a Mocha) pomegranate juice, etc.

I chose ViSalus also! I pay 107$ in Florida. By far the best on the market! Check out my diary!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Drinking the VISalus Vi-Shakes, i go number 2 at least twice a day! And I lost 38 lbs in 66 days!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I just started 3 days ago. shakes and supplements. I also want to hear your experiences with this diet.
    I also just started on Thursday of last week to kickstart my metabolism. I started out the gate by losing 30 pounds in 2.5 months then the plateau. I hovered in that range for 3 weeks without the scale consistently going down. I have lost 2 pounds in three days on Herbalife, even though I was a doubter at first. I decided that at the very least, I would get some good smoothie and be out a couple of bucks. I don't know how long it will last, but I am not going to change unless I stop losing. I am still not a FIRM believer, but will continue to do it whole-heartedly and heed the advice of my coach. What is your favorite shake. Mine is vanilla.
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Hey!
    I started herbalife 2 weeks ago. I started at 192lbs
    first week: 190
    second week: 195
    I admit I did not follow through last weekend. In fact, I ate really bad food, which might explain the extra pounds.
    I started right this week, so I hope I see some results. I really hate the shakes, the taste horrible, but I have to do this.
    Any tips? I'm drinking a shake +aloe + tea for breakfast and dinner. I use water.
  • zoeysmommy85
    Options
    What flavor shake are you doing? I have two scoops of the tropical(taste like banana) and one scoop of the vanilla protien...plus the tea and aloe. With the shake i mix all three scoops with water and add ice! i love how it tastes...I look forward to drinking them! lost 5 pounds in 5 days :)
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    I've been doing the shakes twice a day for 3 weeks and no results
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I do this half assed now just because I get bored of one diet easily. so I might just have a shake for breakfast or something now. In my experience with it, it really does work. As with most diet programs, if you do exactly as they say and stick with it, you will lose weight. Now whether its colon cleansing or actual fat loss, I cannot say. You certainly will be in the restroom, but nothing that would make you running for a toilet. I had a friend who lost a ton of weight on it, but after going back to old eating habits, gained it all back plus more. The product works if you stick with it and do it right, but I mix it with other programs because I don't want my body getting used to mostly shakes and then ballooning when I eat "real" foods again. Plus I get sick of drinking shakes all of the time.