Discovery Health Channel

Options
There is this show on Discovery Health Channel called "Brookehaven Obesity Clinic" OMG talk about some serious motivation to get your health and weight under control.

The people on there are anywhere from 300 to 800 pounds! ITS INSANE!! But what pisses me off about it is these morbidly obese people want to instantly get skinny and don't understand or rather don't want to understand that it takes time, effort, an attempt at self control and some hard work.

They all want to have gastric bypass surery and and throw a hissy fit when the doctors tell them they have to lose X amount of weight before it would be safe to undergo any type of procedure. Make me want to punch them in the face...(hmm wonder how many calories I would burn off doing that lol)

Oh well just wanted to share, its pretty interesting....

To all you out there making an effort WAY TO GO!!! Keep up the good work and thanks for all the support!

Replies

• Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There is this show on Discovery Health Channel called "Brookehaven Obesity Clinic" OMG talk about some serious motivation to get your health and weight under control.

The people on there are anywhere from 300 to 800 pounds! ITS INSANE!! But what pisses me off about it is these morbidly obese people want to instantly get skinny and don't understand or rather don't want to understand that it takes time, effort, an attempt at self control and some hard work.

They all want to have gastric bypass surery and and throw a hissy fit when the doctors tell them they have to lose X amount of weight before it would be safe to undergo any type of procedure. Make me want to punch them in the face...(hmm wonder how many calories I would burn off doing that lol)

Oh well just wanted to share, its pretty interesting....

To all you out there making an effort WAY TO GO!!! Keep up the good work and thanks for all the support!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Many people who have gastric tend to switch their food binging habits into other habits... smoking, gambling, etc. It goes to show that overeating isn't a physical problem, it's a mental addiction.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Many people who have gastric tend to switch their food binging habits into other habits... smoking, gambling, etc. It goes to show that overeating isn't a physical problem, it's a mental addiction.

Couldn't agree more Lauryn - also reverse happens too - I gave up smoking 11 years ago, and started binging - anything to occupy my fingers!