Just dumped Weight Watchers

lisabow123
lisabow123 Posts: 2
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I joined yet again a few weeks ago. Same old, same old. then I discovered this site through my iPad App. Love it! Counting calories worked for me 30 years ago and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I have a lot more to lose this time around but I am gonna do it. A big motivator was not only did I not recognized myself in my 25th anniversary pictures from Jamaica, but my husband ran into someone I grew up with who said to him, "I remember when your wife was so hot..." My husband graciously replied "Really, well I think she is still hot..." Bottom line, I know I'm not. And he is wonderful for saying I am. But I want to be again. 50 and hot, hot, hot and healthy.

Replies

• cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    wooo great goal you can do it !!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    You and your husband sound like you have great chemistry! Congrats on the anniversary! I'll be 25 next year getting married and hope 25 years down the road my soon to be hubby still thinks I'm smokin'! Best of luck to you!!!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    My doctor was on my this past Xmas about joining WW. I told him I've been on it before & that I can gain weight on my own w/o paying them money every week. I have been working on diet, and I have been a lot more active, but still gained about 20 lbs last year. I finally joined this last week & I find I have been able to stick to it pretty well - way more than any other diet I have tried.
  • awesome for you! welcome and if you need extra support send me a request! good luck to u!
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    I stopped it too.
  • sissygok
    sissygok Posts: 97 Member
    Your husband sounds wonderful, it was great that he supports and stood up for you...but the old friend has a lot to learn...what a rude and insensitive remark, he is just lucky that your husband is such a nice guy or he might have hauled off and hit him...
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    good job
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    I can't believe someone would say that to your husband. People can be jerks. Someone once asked my husband why I did not wear make-up and he told them that I didn't need them. Here is to having husbands that rock!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Wow your husband is great and that person is rude!!! I do know what you mean about wanting to get back to "hot" and wanting to always stay that way. I am far from where I used to be but know I can get back there and you can too. :) You look amazing in your profile pic (is that your wedding picture?) Congratulations on having what sounds like a great marriage after 25 years. :) Honestly to me that sounds more important than losing weight. (I'm not married). But I do know what you mean and I think you can do it with determination and dedication... just like what I want to do as well. Good luck and keep us posted!
  • LuvsToSpin
    LuvsToSpin Posts: 52 Member
    Welcome! I too had done the Weight Watchers thing (many times to be exact). The most I ever lost with them was around 15 pounds; and I need to lose much more than that. My daughter found MFP on our Android phones back in October, but I didn't start using it until January 5th of this year. I have found this to be easier for me than Weight Watches for many reasons - and one of them is it's FREE!

Good luck and I know you can do this! It's a great place to stay motivated!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I think you'll love it here. I wish you luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    My doctor was on my this past Xmas about joining WW. I told him I've been on it before & that I can gain weight on my own w/o paying them money every week.

LOL!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 237 Member
    I dumped WW as well, and unless you go to their meetings the online site is not as supportive as MFP. I'm sorry I'm not going to continually pay for something that I can get for free!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    "Not as supportive" is an understatement! I have gotten BASHED by those WW Meanies several times now because I only have a few pounds to lose and I am DETERMINED to get them off. The Meanies have decided that I have an eating disorder and the mental capacity of a peanut. One of them actually wrote an entire post about me to the others in a particular thread about me in the 3rd person, like I wasn't even "there!" UGH! As for the P+ plan - it just flat out WILL NOT WORK for people who already have a healthy lifestyle and only need to tweak a few changes. One of my friends actually GAINED 13 pounds in one month because of all the "free foods!" AND - she was under the guidance of one of the meeting leaders AND she's just a tiny little thing, so 13 pounds was outrageous.
    As for your Dearrrrrrrr Husband - OH MY GOODNESS! What a DOLL!!!! But - no doubt, he feels the same about you!!! What a wonderful story!!!:smile:
  • tessap818
    tessap818 Posts: 2
    "Not as supportive" is an understatement! I have gotten BASHED by those WW Meanies several times now because I only have a few pounds to lose and I am DETERMINED to get them off. The Meanies have decided that I have an eating disorder and the mental capacity of a peanut. One of them actually wrote an entire post about me to the others in a particular thread about me in the 3rd person, like I wasn't even "there!" UGH! As for the P+ plan - it just flat out WILL NOT WORK for people who already have a healthy lifestyle and only need to tweak a few changes. One of my friends actually GAINED 13 pounds in one month because of all the "free foods!" AND - she was under the guidance of one of the meeting leaders AND she's just a tiny little thing, so 13 pounds was outrageous.
    As for your Dearrrrrrrr Husband - OH MY GOODNESS! What a DOLL!!!! But - no doubt, he feels the same about you!!! What a wonderful story!!!:smile:

I'm with you, Jeneba. I first joined WW in 2003 when we were living in CA and had about 25 pounds to lose. I lost it and became lifetime in about 6 months, then got pregnant. Once we moved to SC, I just had the baby and found my way back to meetings. The support here was not quite the same. I was looked at like I didn't need to lose weight.... I was just pleasantly plump.

I motivated myself and only went for weigh-ins to keep myself accountable to that scale. I rarely stayed for the meeting part. I got back to Lifetime right in mid-2006 and then "fell off the wagon." a few more times and continued to yo-yo about 15 pounds.

Once again, back to goal weight in late 2009... Kept it off until this January. Back on the wagon I go..... Have about 15 pounds to lose and I know I can do it when I really put my mind to it, as evidence to myself in the past. I just get too comfortable and slip here & there....before I know it, 10 pounds are back on!

Looking forward to chatting around here for tips and recipes!

But I agree.... I needed a change from the ever-changing points method. Hubby is doing this so I thought I should give it a fair try. It is working well for him....
  • You GO girl! And be glad that your husband is such a loving and supporting person.
    Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:

7684050.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    My husband and I met at work - working for a local city government. When we got engaged, I started looking for another job because we worked in a very small office & I was his boss. So, about 6 weeks before the wedding, I started the new job, and my DH took my old job. About a year later, this local city councilman blowhard comes into my husband's office & asks what happened to the fat chick who used to work here. My husband said "Do you mean my wife?" I weighed 55 lbs less then that I do now, and I wore a size 14. At 5'6", I don't think a size 14 warrants "fat chick', but my husband sure shut him up!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Sometimes even nice people open there mouth and put there foot in it, I hope this was the case with your old friend and not an ugly jab at you.
    As for your husban no daught he is in love with you and still sees you as the beautiful bride he married 25 years ago. Give him a big hug and love him more than ever he is a gem precious and rare. You ar truly blessed!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Yeah, I agree with all of you about WW and I am a lifetime member for many years. I have always been successfulll with the program until PointsPlus. I also agree msg board with WW are not as friendly and supportive as here. I am on my second week with MFP and I am loving it. The friends I have met on here are great. I don't feel like I am invisible. I am always looking for more friends to help each other reach our weight loss goals. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    My husband and I met at work - working for a local city government. When we got engaged, I started looking for another job because we worked in a very small office & I was his boss. So, about 6 weeks before the wedding, I started the new job, and my DH took my old job. About a year later, this local city councilman blowhard comes into my husband's office & asks what happened to the fat chick who used to work here. My husband said "Do you mean my wife?" I weighed 55 lbs less then that I do now, and I wore a size 14. At 5'6", I don't think a size 14 warrants "fat chick', but my husband sure shut him up!

Could he be any uglier! I would have told him to shut the F up !
This discussion has been closed.