ANNYYYYBODDY know???

Options
Hiii i posted a topic like this and got no responses.. I was just wondering how multi vitamins help with the weight loss process... does anybody know? lol

Replies

• Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    They replace vital vitamins/minerals that may not be consumed in a restricted diet....

Not excatly "help" losing weight, but "help" keep you healthy!

Hope that helps!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    For me, they keep me healthy from years of mal-nutirion. I also do fish oil and co-Q10 for my heart. I sure want to prevent any more damage and since I am demanding more from it now (with cardio) I want to keep it safe. Being healthy and not getting sick every 2 weeks has helped me with weight loss, so it's more indirect effects.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    if you have itunes look up the jillian michaels show, she has a free podcast and one of them was all about how multivitamins are essential to weight loss. I believe it was the one that was just done last week.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It helps you get the nutrients you need. During a workout you use a lot of the nutrients from food, so it just supplements so you have enough!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    They help make up for anything you might be missing. For instance, I love salmon but don't very often eat it more than once a week, so I take fish oil. Additionally, weight loss and exercise add stress to the body so your requirements of some nutrients are higher than normal--supplementing helps with that as well.

Personally, I take a good multi-vitamin and mineral, fish oil, coenzyme q-10, calcium, and osteo-biflex. I know it might be all in my head, but I work 1 regular job job pluse teach 7 hours of fitness classes per week and do bookkeeping for a small busines and I am taking 10 hours of college classes and I truly believe my supplements make a lot of difference in how feel and my ability to keep up with my crazy schedule!
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi,

From what i understand, people do not need to take vitamin supplements if they eat balanced meals. What you eat should give you enough vitamins and minerals. http://www.documentarywire.com/the-truth-about-vitamins. As for fat reduction, I do not believe that a vitamin can help with that as everything I have read so far show that a higher metabolism is key in getting rid of fat.

However, that being said, I believe there are meal supplements (shakes from health vendors) have contain vitamins that will help fill you up while giving you less calories, I think this is what you might be asking indirectly. I would consult the directions that come with the drink or a fitness/health expert.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Proper nutrition is key to weight loss and over all health in general and more often that not we have gaps in our diet.. (don't like veggies? whole grain/calcium intolorant) etc so vitamins help fill voids we may have just because..

I personally take a vitamin combo for a number of reasons:

1. metabolism (as mine is very sloooow) So I take womens one a day active metabolism.

2. glucosomine (promotes healthy joints) since I am excercising so much more.

3. GNC B-12 for added energy. (because some days I need it! lol)

4. A green tea supplement and garlic supplements as both promote heart health.

These vitamins complement MY needs as a whole, but aren't for everyone. If you want to incooperate vitamins into YOUR daily regimine, first determine what it is you want from the supplements and go from there.. You may have to check with your Doctor, pharmacist or even a nutritionist to determine what is best for your personal needs.

Good luck.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    if you have itunes look up the jillian michaels show, she has a free podcast and one of them was all about how multivitamins are essential to weight loss. I believe it was the one that was just done last week.

Ooo I love her free podcasts! I haven't listened to them in a while~Thanks for the reminder. (my radio at work got struck by lightning last week :sad:)