1 month and 4lbs!!

Options
ales1979
ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
but I think I can see a difference already!

What do you guys think?

body2ndjune2011-1.jpg
body2ndmay2011-1.jpg

Replies

• wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! Keep it up!! :) Have you been checking your measurements? If not you should do that! It really helps you realize your progress as well :)!!!
  • racheljdouglas
    Options
    Your stomach is definitely smaller. Good work!!
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    brilliant, well done! I've only lost 3lb so far and originally saying it i thought MEH but actually i can see and feel a difference. keep up the good work
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can tell on your waist! Good job!
    I also lost 4LBS and a few coworkers said they noticed. You gotta LOVE it!
    I have 29 more to go...
  • ales1979
    Options
    oops I can't quite seem to get my butt in on the top one lol! I'll fiddle with it after I've had some dinner :):ohwell:

(the photo, not my butt!! :huh: )
  • Lsnitkin
    Lsnitkin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Muscle is more dense (and compact) than fat. If you are exercising along with dieting, you are probably adding lean muscle mass (a good thing), and have lost more than 4 pounds of fat. Muscle is metabolically active, and will help you burn more calories even at rest.

Since I began to ignore my relationship with gravity (the scale), and shifted my focus to how my clothes fit & how I liked what I see in the mirror, my progress has increased exponentially. Guideline: 1 inch in the waist equals approximately 7 pounds of loss. [I said approximately folks; please don't attack me.]

And...... 1 pound per week is a safe way to lose the weight, and keep it off. Keep up the good work.
  • mdsagould
    mdsagould Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is a very healthy rate of weight loss. 1 lb/week. Congratulations!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Your stomach looks smaller, congrats
  • traciemaurie
    Options
    Congrats! I reached the four-pound mark this morning, and in about the same amount of time as you, so it looks like we're at the same pace. Keep it up! I've always found that writing down what I eat makes all the difference, and this web site makes it so easy! I love MFP!
  • ales1979
    Options
    thanks for your kind comments everyone! Glad that I'm not going mad, just yet and that there is some difference lol!!

I love MFP too :D
  • ales1979
    Options
    ok thats odd! not sure why I can't edit my own posts anymore! Is there a time limit or something?

Anyhoos hopefully heres the larger pic re-sized!
    body2ndjune2011-1-2.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!