Medically required fast -- going to get off track?

Options
I doubt I'm the first person with this issue---but next week I have a medically-required fast (clear liquids only 36 hours prior, including a big purge). How can I ensure my body won't overcompensate the day that I HAVE to starve it with chicken broth and gatorade?

Tapering down and tapering back up perhaps a few days before and after?

Replies

• Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i know4sure u will lose some lbs if u follow it exactly..just have patience with it and when u feel light headed or get a headache..emergen-c works gr8 for that problem...i lost 6-8lbs within3days of liquids, which i had2do for a wk!,just keep ur liquid on hand,such as jello,waters,broths,etc always on hand
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    your doctor prescribed gatorade?
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    your doctor prescribed gatorade?

Ha yeah. I have to drink a GALLON in about 4 hours mixed with some laxative or another. It can't be red or purple or orange. So I guess that leaves yellow...

I won't mind the weight loss for sure--I just don't want to store fat again afterwards because I was starving for 2 days....
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    There are no metabolic issues with fasting for that period of time. You'll be fine.

Edit:

I didn't see Gatorade. You wouldn't even be technically fasting.

Again, you'll be fine. Your body won't do anything funky to "bounce back" or anything. I fast for 20-24+ hours at times.