ChaLean Extreme...

Options
have you tried it? do you like it? it looks great, but ... is it? :) I have P90x that a friend gave me..... it's intimidating to me. AND i don't have a pull up bar.... what do you think? Thanks! )

Replies

• craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The Greatest workout program ever:) I absolutely love it.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I haven't done it, but know lots that have and they love it. I'm doing Turbo Fire and I absolutely love Chalene Johnson!
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Chalean totally doable, its a great program I love it.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love, LOVE ChaLEAN Extreme! I've done several rounds of it and am STILL doing it!!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Soooo amazing! I love it!! I am doing a hybrid workout of Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire, just started week 5 and have already lost 15"!!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! I have noticed that my arms have more strength than before. I have a two year old daughter and I can still walk with her around the store or the park after she gets tired while holding her and not have to put her down after like 2 minutes at all. I love feeling STRONG!!! and Im only on my 5th week!!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Both great workouts. Get yourself a motivating caring coach (like me) for free and I can help guide and motivate you through any one of the BB programs. Check out my transformation or send me a note.

As far as pull up bar - there are modification exercises that they show you during the videos, using bands etc.. It was intimidating to me too, but my coach helped me and it changed my life!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    LOVE. IT.

Seriously... my favorite workout DVD of all time!!! I've seen the most results with that program alone than with any other. :-)
  • ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Here's my opinion:

Did P90X last year (no chinup bar - just used the bands behind a door) and had decent results. I am/was probably about 50-70lbs overweight depending who you ask.

Ordered ChaLean and started it - I found it much harder than P90X, personally. That's not a bad thing, though. Got about 1 month into it and then got TurboFire. Then, I fell off the workout-wagon.

Started TurboFire this past March and LOVE it! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Lost 24lbs in about 70 days and have been at a plateau for past 2 weeks. I'm thinking of adding ChaLean into the mix a few days a week to get over this plateau.

I think it depends on where you're at fitness/weight-wise. It's definitely a great strength program; however, I found that the cardio was a bit lacking and that's what I love about TurboFire!
  • txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My fiance is in week two, and has let me watch her twice (normally does it after I go to work). It is kicking her but, but she loves the workouts. She's not really much over weight, but wants to look her best for our wedding and honey moon. I'm just finishing Insanity, and plan to mix CX with it for a good hybrid after a week of rest.

The weight workouts look easy at first, but when you try it, you find that 5lbs gets very very heavy at such a slow pace. I was amazed when I played around with her DVDs. My normal 35lbs dumb bell curls dropped to 10 when doing it the CX way!
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    i dont' have the "bands" for P90x either.... where would i get them? pretty much anywhere? are there different ones? thanks!
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Chalean Extreme ALL THE WAY! I'm doing a Turbo Jam/CLX Hybrid I'm making up as I go, I'm only finishing my 3rd week & I've never seen definition in my body like I have in just 3 measley weeks! I used to do Body Pump (a hard core hour long weight training class- aka Power Pump, Group Power) at my gym for an hour 3 days a week for two whole years, never saw anything like this! Feel free to add me as your friend & you'll see the progress as I go! Chalene just makes me GO GO GO! She's my favorite instructor EVER. And the meal plan & recipes in the Fat Burning Food guide are so good, my whole household is paying me to shop for groceries & make the meals for them.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just started it, I had just finished P90X, and had gotten bored with it, so i probablt didnt get the results I could have.CHX is awesome. Never longer than 40 min. She is very encouraging, and I have heard nothing but great reviews. I am a beach body coach, and have heard great thing about all their programs, but everyone LOVES Chalene!
  • danadee
    danadee Posts: 49
    Options
    It is the best program I have ever tried! And I started with P90X! I think for women, it is the best program to get strong and lean. I am on my second round, and I just love it! Chalene keeps you motivated throughout her workouts. I have muscles for the first time ever!
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    have you tried it? do you like it? it looks great, but ... is it? :) I have P90x that a friend gave me..... it's intimidating to me. AND i don't have a pull up bar.... what do you think? Thanks! )

Love Love Love Chalene Extreme. I use the Bowflex SelectTech weights with it and they are great. I also have P90X and it is difficult but I just had to modify until my strength increases. I'd rather do Chalene for the first few months ang go back to P90X later.