Replies

• a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and not of a petite frame. There's not a hope in hell I could ever be an American size 2 without being very very ill indeed.

Yeah that!
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ok, so Ive been on mfp for a little over a month. I have lost 11 lbs, but I havent really noticed much of a change other than in my stomach. I have been eating around 1200 calories a day and exercising at least 6 days a week. I want to lose about 50 more lbs which would put me at 110lbs. I also want to be a size 2 or 4, but i feel like it's not possible. I definitely have a pear shaped body and Im wondering if my thighs will ever look nice again. PLEASE HELP!! If you have any success story like mine, please let me know!!

I am skeptical of your eating only 1200 calories a day if you have 50 pounds to lose, but if the is the formula that MFP has given you, then if must be right for your goals, age, height, lifestyle, etc. Do you eat back the calories you burn when exercising? You eat at least some of those calories back or else your metabolism with sputter out, you will plateau. Also, as another pal said earlier, you need to lift weights and gain some muscle. How tall are you? If you are 5'4" or under MAYBE you could be a size 2, but why would that matter if you look and feel great? ... I know some "banana shape" women who are size 2, but that is RARE and they are VERY skinny. No "pair shape" women would be a size 2 unless you are short and small-boned. There, I said it. I hope this helps.
  • Pinkdueces2
    Pinkdueces2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! I am 5'3, and eating 1200 calories per day is what MFP suggested. Somedays I eat more and somedays I eat less. I walk or jog daily and do Zumba occasionally. I also have workout videos that I use twice a week. I need to try to incorporate more strength training for sure. I'm just so obsessed with how large my thighs are. I hate it. I was always a size 3 or 5 until I got pregnant. I gained so much weight while pregnant with my twins, and then immediately got pregnant again and was on bedrest with my son during that pregnancy I gained so much extra weight and I just want to be healthy and small again. I just look at myself and wonder how i ever fit into a size 3, and cant see it happening again. Thats when i felt healthy and i loved my body! Considering I'm only 5'3, these extra 50lbs are quite pesky to say the least!! Lol!! I will definitely take everyones advice!! Thanks!!
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so looking forward to my holiday.

Your sizes are 2 sizes different from the UK so I am a 16 here (from a 22) and when I get to Toronto I will be a 12 :-).

I have 7 weeks to go so you never know might even make a 10. I have 9kg (about 20lbs) to go until I get to a normal BMI so do not have a clue what size I will be then but I am a medium frame and tend to be quite muscular so I am not expecting anything dramatic.
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey there!

I feel your pain...I'm 5'9 1/2", and I weigh 132 lbs. I'm STILL a size 8!!! But you know what? It's okay with me! I'm tall, and I've accepted that I'll NEVER be a 1 or a 2...Some people just don't have the stature to be that low...

The number on the scale, or on the tag of an item of clothing doesn't define you. How you feel about yourself does! Be proud of your accomplishment, and don't compare yourself to anyone else!

It's all about how your body is shaped. I'm 5'9 and weight 143lbs and wear a size 6. So I weight more than this person I quoted and am a smaller size.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Of course you can if you work at it. Determination my friend! I'm a size 1 so it is possible.....just think positive!!!! You'll get there!