Need more Protein!

Options
2»

Replies

• Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have two double-scoop protein shakes per day, which is 100g of protein. From there, whatever I eat is gravy.

Recipe:
    Get a 24oz Blender Bottle from the Vitamin Shoppe (or use a blender)
    *4 oz of half & half goes in first
    2 scoops of Champion Pure Whey Protein Stack Chocolate (23g protein X 2 scoops = 46 g protein) goes in next
    Fill balance with ice
    Pour two tablespoons of sugar-free Starbucks flavors (I love caramel) over the ice
    Pour COLD coffee on top of ice to fill the Blender Bottle (I'd say about 8 oz)
    Blend or shake until smooth
    Drink up!

Nutritional Info for Each Shake:
    50g protein
    421 calories (it's a meal replacement)
    13g carbs
    18g fat
    **Half-and-half at 4 oz is 5 carbs, 14g fat & 4g protein. Using Nestle Coffee Mate non-dairy, fat-free creamer or other brands will help cut down on the carbs and fat.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary. I am on the same march (more protein).
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Greek yogurt has a ton of protein ( love fage), egg whites, edamame, pumpkin seeds, broccoli, peas, lentils...etc.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    I just started the protein shakes today. I got Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Protein - Vanilla flavor so I can add things to it (ex: chocoloate syrup, pnut butter, strawberries, bananas, etc) to have a different flavor when I want. I added mine to 8oz of Fat Free Milk and 1 tsp of chocolate syrup this morning (about 8:30) and it held me over until about 11:30ish.

The entire shake with milk and syrup provided 34g of protein.

I'm also a member of WW so I'm trying to watch my sodium intake and MFP helps!
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Almonds are another great way. I also will eat a Pure Protein bar. They are pretty good and come in a lot of different flavors. The protein on those is 20g about 200 calories. I will eat that for dinner sometimes and I'm all set.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    What types of protein shakes do you prefer?

I use the Jay Robb Whey Protein Powder Mix. I like the vanilla flavor the best - mixed with water is fine, but it's really good mixed with milk!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese!!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Whey. The small containers for $11-$12 @ walmart. I also like the Body Fortress brand. Just to complicate things for you, I'm thinking about going down the meal replacement shake route w/ EAS Myoplex.

Protein shakes aren't just for jocks anymore, it's hard to hit a solid protein target just eating lean lunch meat. Review your nutrition history and look for opportunities to replace carbs with protein.