When is it okay to wear a Bikini??

Options

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    OK I'm going to be honest becasue that's what you asked for, you look great, I really don't see extra weight on you !
    BUT the bottoms look too small, like they don't go up high enough, not you look big, so don't take that the wrong way!
    If your uncomfortable I would just get different bottms that you can match with the top.
    But god I wish I could look that good in any bathing suit!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    No fluff: I think you look TERRIFIC in the bikini, but perhaps maybe consider a bottom that is more flattering? Not necessarily a bigger one that covers more, but one that comes up higher on the hips? Again I think you look great and if you are comfortable in your current bikini, I say go for it! *I'm cringing as I hit "post reply"*
  • realtreegirl
    realtreegirl Posts: 101
    Options
    i have never worn a bikini even at my skinniest but I worry too much about what others think plus I have had three kids and have quite a few stretch marks!! I think you look great and if you feel great about yourself then dont worry about what others think! I know, I should practice what I preach!! Just do what makes you feel good and go with it!!! Oh and dont forget to have fun!!! :happy:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said. What matters is what you're comfortable in. If wearing the bikini means you're going to be self conscious sitting down or you're always going to be thinking about that one side that keeps creeping up your crack, then don't. It doesn't have to be an either or thing either... still wear the bikini but rock a sexy sheer peek-a-boo cover-up.

I think you look great, especially with a big confident smile!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    OK I'm going to be honest becasue that's what you asked for, you look great, I really don't see extra weight on you !
    BUT the bottoms look too small, like they don't go up high enough, not you look big, so don't take that the wrong way!
    If your uncomfortable I would just get different bottms that you can match with the top.
    But god I wish I could look that good in any bathing suit!

YES. That's exactly what I was getting at. It's not that you can't wear a bikini--because you can! It just looks like the bottoms are the wrong size. With the right size bikini bottom you'll totally have the right look. I always tell people a comfortable bikini should allow you to sit in a beach chair or beach blanket without worrying something is hanging out!
  • KStaff87
    KStaff87 Posts: 36
    Options
    And Omygosh! I just looked at your pics on your profile YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! Girl REWARD yourself! you have come a long way and deserve to flaunt, screw what people think!!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    What area of your body are you worried about?

If you're concerned about your stomach area, maybe pick up some sort of "cover/skirt-type thing" to wear with it. Another idea is "boy shorts" for the bottom section. As someone else said, how comfortable are you in the bikini? That's what matters.
  • smbland
    smbland Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No Fluff::

I agree with the people about the bottoms. You can go to walmart and buy some nice black bottoms that you will probably feel 10x more comfortable in. Other than that, take it from me: I live in Florida, on the sunny gulf coast where there are beaches 15 minutes from my house (especially Siesta Key beach which was voted #1 in the world haha) and there are LOTS AND LOTS of people that are overflowing out of their bikinis. Now. I don't want to say mean things about anyone because I am one of those who has gotten the brunt of many mean things, but there are plenty of people out on the beach much heavier than me with it all hanging out. They are obviously comfortable in their own skin, I personally wouldn't wear a bikini -- but if you look and the mirror and go "damn, I look good!" then that's all that matters!!! You Look WONDERFUL, so don't let a silly bump on the belly make you feel bad. You've come a long way and you will go even farther. ROCK THE BIKINI!!!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    The time that you can get away with wearing a bikini, or anything else, is the point at which you stop worrying about what people will think and get on with enjoying yourself. That sort of self-conciousness is totally unsexy.

You could get the opinions of hundreds of members of this site, but if you still up wondering what others will be thinking when they see you in a bikini, you will look and feel awful.

Confidence is the key.

For what it's worth, which is very little, I think you look great. :smile:

EDITED TO ADD: I agree with the posters who say those bottoms aren't a flattering style. But that's about the bikini, not about you!
    I have bikini bottoms that sit far higher, and they have a five inch "bandeau" feature thing at about hip height. When I was your shape (before I put on this weight I'm shifting now) they looked awesome on me.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Are YOU comfortable in the bikini? Are you comfortable in your skin when you're wearing it? Honestly, that is all that matters. I think you look fine. Sure, you could tone up. But, couldn't we all? Keep doing what you're doing for the next two weeks and then wear the bikini!!!

What she said! =)

Completely agree!! As long as your comfy girl then you rock that bikini! I would die to look likey you right now, shoot.... I would wear it!!
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I say wear it!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Definitely wear whatever makes you comfortable, or else you'll spend the whole time obsessing about the way you look!

:)
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    Definitely wear a bikini!! You look great! You might want to invest in a string bikini so that you can adjust the bottoms to your liking. It's important to have bottoms that tight-fitting, but right now I feel like they are cutting up your beautiful figure!

In general, everyone looks better in a bikini because the body is less restricted and you don't have to worry about rolls or bulges!
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with the people who commented on the bottoms. If you walk around with your head held high you can get away with the suit, except that the bottoms make you look bigger than you are. You need something with a higher cut on the leg. Even a tie side would be fine as it is thinning for the leg, just get a size that fits you comfortable and doesn't create any puffy spots.

Great job on all your work so far!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    You look great but I tend to agree with the other posts about the bottoms. Boyshorts dont look good on me but I have found that more of a brief style bottom versus a bikini bottom (don't have to be grandma looking) tend to be overall more flattering. That being said, if you are comfortable with it who cares what we think? :happy:
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I think you look awesome! If I were you, I would wear it happily. But, what's important is if YOU feel comfortable. But I think you look fantastic! Adorable suit, btw :)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Whenever you feel comfortable. Now if we are talking style and fashion I would recommend one of the new high waist bikini like what Sara Rue is wearing. It will cover the less than perfect parts and let you still look cute and fashionable.

http://tinyurl.com/3gev6og
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think the top looks awesome (and great hair by the way - mine always looks rubbish at the moment and it's p*ssing me off - sorry sidebar!) but the bottoms need some work. I'd say the style of bottoms isn't right. I have a bit of a belly and if I wear bottoms that cut under it, it really emphasises it. I'd suggest a higher style. I wouldn't necessarily go with shorts as your legs are great (but there's nothing wrong with shorts if you fancy it). I'd just suggest something that comes up more to your natural waist to show off that area a bit more. Feel free to post alternative pics if you fancy some more advice from us all!
  • Jennys511
    Jennys511 Posts: 4
    Options
    I think you are really close! But, honestly...no I don't think that particular cut of a bikini looks good. The bottoms are too itty-bitty. Does that makes sense? If it had a wider hip, I think it would balance your mid-section a lot more.

Keep up the awesome job you are doing!

I agree, is the other suit the same cut?
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't unless everything looked perfect, but that's ME, A PERFECTIONIST. If you feel comfortable then by all means do what makes you feel good.