Who takes fiber pills??

LaurenLynnCarter
LaurenLynnCarter Posts: 51 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
I was wondering how many people take fiber pills daily, if they think it has helped with anything weight loss etc. and how many you take?

Replies

• jozzierdgz
    jozzierdgz Posts: 60 Member
    I actually drink a fiber shake and its really helped me. Once I started my diet I started getting really constipated and that's helped get me regular and aided my weight loss :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    They may help with constipation or IBS. Not with weight loss as such.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    i read a great report on using a fiber called glucomannan in capsule form but you have to be sure to break them open and add it while wisking them into your food. They act as a thickener and a filler in your food and as it hits your stomach. dont; put it in your water as it will gel too quickly and no one wants to drink that.

Guess you are supposed to have 2g per regular meal....not your snacks. To total up to 6grams of added fiber a day.

The study reported best results in feeling full and gaining fiber benefits and helping remove excess waste when the caps are broken open I guess that taken whole in the capsule form they don;t hit the stomach and do the correct job and break open too late when they are already on the way out of your system and cannot give you the filling effect of the fiber.

I have checked a few natural lfood and vitamin stores and they are all out right now but I have regular fiber caps here I have been doing that with and it makes a difference in how full I feel.

Just make sure you wisk the heck out of the fiber with something liquidy in your foods to thicken it up without getting lumpy.

Hell added to meat juices it probably makes an awesome gravy w/out using white flours.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Read the labels to see how much fiber is actually in them. I was shocked to see that some contained only a gram or 2! THat would be a lot of fiber pills. A piece of fruit has 2-4 grams at least, and a bowl of oatmeal has 4. Beans are probably contain the most fiber per serving of anything. For added fiber I used to take Psyllium husk from the bins at Whole Foods. Mix it with water, juice, or food. IT was cheaper than pills. Eventually I went to whole grain everything and increased my veggie and fruit intake and now everything is great! I've worked my way up past 35 grams to even in the 60's some days!
  • I started making a pudding out of flax seed for breakfast & it eliminates the need for fiber pills and fish oil.

1/4 cup golden ground flax seed
    1 egg
    1/4 cup water
    Splenda

Microwave for 2 minutes.

You can also add berries, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    I started making a pudding out of flax seed for breakfast & it eliminates the need for fiber pills and fish oil.

1/4 cup golden ground flax seed
    1 egg
    1/4 cup water
    Splenda

Microwave for 2 minutes.

You can also add berries, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.

Sounds good, I might give it a try!
This discussion has been closed.