scale

Options
ok so for the past month it doesnt matter what time of day my scale says all different numbers! anywhere between 174-183 lbs
sometimes i even get on it 3 or 4 different times within a few mins and it really fluctuates! so i dont know what number is real!
its not the scale, because i got a new one that is also digital and it does the same thing.
1 weight in-176
2nd 179
3rd 183
all in 1 day
wth? i dont know im confused and frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    ok so for the past month it doesnt matter what time of day my scale says all different numbers! anywhere between 174-183 lbs
    sometimes i even get on it 3 or 4 different times within a few mins and it really fluctuates! so i dont know what number is real!
    its not the scale, because i got a new one that is also digital and it does the same thing.
    1 weight in-176
    2nd 179
    3rd 183
    all in 1 day

Your bodyweight can fluctuate by 5lbs daily. It's highly recommended to use a tape measure instead of a scale to track progress.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    1 weight in-176
    2nd 179
    3rd 183
    all in 1 day

Your bodyweight can fluctuate by 5lbs daily. It's highly recommended to use a tape measure instead of a scale to track progress.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My scale is digital and occasionally flips out as well.

I always weigh myself more than one time because of that, but I never wait 3-4 minutes. I get back on just as soon as the previous number blanks back out. If the first two numbers do not match, I keep weighing myself until I get two numbers that match and that I what I use for that day's weight.

Also, it matters where my feet are on the scale. If I'm not centered just right, it can throw my numbers off by 3-4 lbs. I used white out to put dots where my big toes need to be so I know I'm in the right spot and the same spot each time now.

Hope that helps?