Does it give you chills?

Options
Yesterday, while running in the heat, I actually got chills. This happens to me a lot. When I hit 'that' point in my workout when I'm working my hardest, I get chills. Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I just strange? : /

Replies

• baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Be very careful. Chills can be a sign of heat stroke and/or dehydration. Not saying that it is in your case specifically, just be careful and make sure you're hydrating well and replacing your electrolytes, especially for long hot outdoor efforts.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes- I second what baldzach is saying- but to also answer your question, some times I get chills when I really push it and I get excited about setting a new record or finishing a race or even just a hard work out. I think it's more of an adrenaline based tingling in my skin than actual chills.

But seriously- make sure you are hydrated and not suffering heat stroke.
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    bethrs wrote: »
    Yes- I second what baldzach is saying- but to also answer your question, some times I get chills when I really push it and I get excited about setting a new record or finishing a race or even just a hard work out. I think it's more of an adrenaline based tingling in my skin than actual chills.

But seriously- make sure you are hydrated and not suffering heat stroke.

Thank you for the advice. :)
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, while running in the heat, I actually got chills.
    Were they multiplying? Did you lose all control?

but seriously that doesn't sound good. Make sure to hydrate.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I get this all the time.
    you are not alone

from runners world
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    In this case, chills are a bad thing: http://woman.thenest.com/getting-chills-running-15919.html

But if it's part of a runner's high, it's not: http://www.atrailrunnersblog.com/2005/01/understanding-runners-high.html