SBF...Sept 16

Options
Good morning!
How are you all this morning/today? I'm doing all right. My knot on my head is pretty much gone although it's still bruised. Still getting over this nasty cold but getting better every day!
Mary I was wondering if your stomach pains could be IBS? My sister had IBS for awhile. After she changed her eating she has gotten a lot better. I don't know much about IBS but I was just thinking that when I was reading your posts from yesterday. I'm sure that has already crossed your mind.
Well, for the first time in probably a week I stayed with in my calories and logged everything yesterday. I quit when I got sick. :noway: Not a good thing to do but nevertheless. I feel better for having logged too! When I quit logging I don't notice. When I do log, I do notice that I need it!
Today is:
a walk
lots of cleaning (made big progress yesterday)
drink my water
I feel like I should add something else but after cleaning I feel pretty tired and I've run out of time. Maybe hubby, Alex and I can go for another walk in the evenings to help me feel like I am doing more. I've rambled enough. Have a good day!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    How are you all this morning/today? I'm doing all right. My knot on my head is pretty much gone although it's still bruised. Still getting over this nasty cold but getting better every day!
    Mary I was wondering if your stomach pains could be IBS? My sister had IBS for awhile. After she changed her eating she has gotten a lot better. I don't know much about IBS but I was just thinking that when I was reading your posts from yesterday. I'm sure that has already crossed your mind.
    Well, for the first time in probably a week I stayed with in my calories and logged everything yesterday. I quit when I got sick. :noway: Not a good thing to do but nevertheless. I feel better for having logged too! When I quit logging I don't notice. When I do log, I do notice that I need it!
    Today is:
    a walk
    lots of cleaning (made big progress yesterday)
    drink my water
    I feel like I should add something else but after cleaning I feel pretty tired and I've run out of time. Maybe hubby, Alex and I can go for another walk in the evenings to help me feel like I am doing more. I've rambled enough. Have a good day!
    Melissa
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Stupid scale. Here are the readings that I got this morning, all within the last hour and with nothing consumed (162.8 was what I recorded last week):

162.6 (after washing my face)
    163.2 (after putting on underwear, though I got the same reading again when I took it back off)
    162.8 (a few minutes later)
    161.4 (after a BM - I usually have them later in the day but didn't yesterday)
    162.0 (after ironing)

GRRRRRR! :mad: When I'm only set up to lose a pound a week, how the heck am I supposed to tell if I've lost anything when the scale has 2 pounds of variability?!?!?

Sorry, that's my rant for the day. I am feeling worn out this morning, but I will try to get in a walk and a DVD. And get over the scale! Happy workouts. :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Sorry, CP. No words of advice really. I have found myself checking the scale every morning again, which is really weird for me. I am going to try to go back to once a week. I think I am so desperate to see a loss that I keep checking but it's not helping me at all to do that. I'm also set to one pound a week and some weeks burn almost a pound in activities, but I lose nothing. Try to go by the way your clothes fit, not what the scale says. The scale could just be messing with your head to tick you off. :tongue: Try not to let it get to you. :flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Yesterday it was like that for me with the scale.

I burned only 250cals yesterday. I went over my daily cals by a few hundred, didnt drink all my water and only cleaned a bit of my house. Our washer was broken for a few weeks so all of our laundry piled up (except for what I brought to my parents house) my husband brought home another one... now all my laundry is backed up and I am not looking forward to folding it all... I really HATE folding laundry :grumble: I just feel so lazy and yuck! I dont want to do anything! Yesterday I wasted my day away... In the morning however I did make homemade soup and little breakfast quiche. Other than that... i browsed the net and played video games. I didnt even get dressed! Today I feel like doing the same! I hate feeling like this!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning. . .

Grrrrrr at your scales. Don't let it mess with you, if you can help it. I always think "+/- 5 lbs" whenever I get on mine, since the margin of era is so big. (and usually I think "- 5 lbs":tongue: )

Today, I'm going to do weights either at home or the gym, and stick to my commuter walk as my cardio.

My schedule changed, so now I can work out on Tuesdays again! Hooray! I think that after my recital, I'm going to quit my dance class. They're starting to push me to be "more serious" and I started doing it to be "less serious". . .so I think I may just dance for exercise at home. Then, Sunday could be my day off/housecleaning day. (I really NEED a "housecleaning" day.) I feel like I turn to you ladies for validation of changing my schedule. . .or maybe just typing it out makes it seem OK.

So, today is: weights and water and vits (oh, my!).

Take care of yourselves, ladies. . ..and step away from the scale. Hey Mary, is today your Dr.s' appointment, or is that tomorrow? Hope you're feeling better, MM. . .glad your bump is less bumpy.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Sounds like laundry day for everyone. The only things I fold are towels and I don't iron anything. Anything that absolutely needs ironing, goes to the cleaners. As an environmentalist, I try to do this a little as possible.

Seeing the doctor tomorrow. I really hope he can help. I feel better this morning than I did yesterday morning. Had Pumpkin Flax cereal instead of Puffins. Didn't feel great last night and I had: tofu, cabbage, peanut sauce, peanuts, carrots, scallions, and rice paper for dinner. Ended up having some dried fig bar because I was hungry and nauseous and fig bars are calorie dense.

I did bike to yoga - and burned almost as much biking there and back in 20 minutes as I did in the 90 minute yoga class. I also walked.

Today, well, we'll have to see. I'm sure there will be walking involved - hopefully some biking too.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I really HATE folding laundry :grumble: I just feel so lazy and yuck! I dont want to do anything! Yesterday I wasted my day away... In the morning however I did make homemade soup and little breakfast quiche. Other than that... i browsed the net and played video games. I didnt even get dressed! Today I feel like doing the same! I hate feeling like this!
    Amen sista on the laundry! I don't like doing laundry because it's something you have to stop and start stop and start all day long! I like to do something and be done with it and move on to something else!
    I totally understand about feeling gross and yucky when you've sat around all day and goofed off. I had those days this last week when I was sick. I have found I have to get up in the morning and get my day started with exercise..well, breakfast and then exercise. If I don't get started burning cals right away I end up on my rear and feeling gross! I get really grouchy and irritable when I haven't done anything all day. So my advice for you is to get up off the couch today and do SOMETHING...anything! You will feel so much better if you do a little walking than sitting down playing games. Trust me, I know from experience. My hubby has told me countless times, "You're a grouch when you don't exercise." :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    As I said in another thread, I've been down in the dumps about eating over my calories and not exercising for the last 3 weeks. I'm done. I can't do this to myself anymore. I leave for Texas in a month and I CANNOT go looking like this.

I WILL do an hour of P90x tonight.
    I WILL eat a home cooked dinner.
    I WILL finish mowing the lawn.

When I went outside yesterday I noticed something furry moving around in the back of the yard. I went to investigate and it was a really FAT groundhog! It took off through a HUGE hole it had dug under our fence. That little rascal! :laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Amen sista on the laundry! I don't like doing laundry because it's something you have to stop and start stop and start all day long! I like to do something and be done with it and move on to something else!
    I totally understand about feeling gross and yucky when you've sat around all day and goofed off. I had those days this last week when I was sick. I have found I have to get up in the morning and get my day started with exercise..well, breakfast and then exercise. If I don't get started burning cals right away I end up on my rear and feeling gross! I get really grouchy and irritable when I haven't done anything all day. So my advice for you is to get up off the couch today and do SOMETHING...anything! You will feel so much better if you do a little walking than sitting down playing games. Trust me, I know from experience. My hubby has told me countless times, "You're a grouch when you don't exercise." :laugh:

Yeah, if I dont start up with cleaning or anything first thing in the morning I wont do it. haha Ive already folded all the laundry now I just need to wash like 10 more loads to wash and dry and fold and put away! arrg! :noway: I dont mind laundry too much.. the thing that I hate the most is how it needs to be done like EVERYDAY, there is no break it seems!! Especially with 2 little ones and a working husband (works in the metal industry and is almost black when he comes home).

Rach that has been me too! well not 3 weeks. Last week I did manage to work out but still ate over my cals and need to get back on track. haha