Best Workout DVD???

sexylily
sexylily Posts: 68
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey MFP friends :smile:
I'm looking to buy a new workout DVD. I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred & 6 weeks 6 pack by Jillian.
BUT I want to be able to get a new DVD before I finish with those!

I need something with Cardio, strength, medium to low impact due to my weak knee :cry:

I would like suggestions from someone who has done the DVDs themselfs & got results with it.

Thank you,

Lily

PS: I'm also looking for new friends please add me :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    TURBOFIRE!!! IT WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD :bigsmile:
  • xyztadz
    xyztadz Posts: 6
    hey not sure of any good dvds i have a dance fitness one but it is very hard on the legs so dunno would it be the best for you oh i sent you a friend request :smile:
  • Hi,

ChaLean Extreme is a good one. :) She incorporates resistance, and cardio in the work outs.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Have you looked into Jillian's No More Trouble Zones DVD? It's more strength than cardio, really, but it's a solid workout. Her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a great one too, but it's more on the cardio side.
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Any of the Biggest Loser DVDs, they all rock and are very results oriented. I just started doing Hip Hop Abs with Sean and am already seeing a difference and I've only been doing it for like 10 days. I also love the Wii, another great great work out proven to get you results. I've heard a lot about Turbo Fire, I haven't tried it yet... its a little pricey, but supposedly a great add to anyone's fitness collection. My problem is I get bored quick, so I am constantly mixing things up. I only go to the gym twice a week, no more than 3 times...cause I need variety. So I take a spin class, a Latin Spice/Zumba class and sometimes the elliptical. Mostly stuff at home or outdoors...
  • the turbo jam dvds are really good and they have someone showing modifications of the high impact exercises, so it's good for bad knees. i had knee surgery two years ago and i can do it with no problem. they are more expensive than 30DS, but very good workouts that get your HR up and burn calories. you get multiple workouts too and the is a toning one, lower body one, and abs one on top of the cardio workouts. :)
  • NotaNikki
    NotaNikki Posts: 40
    I'm a big fan of Insanity. Best workout of my life, every time I do it! It's an amazing combination of cardio and strength, and the best part is you don't need anything extra...just yourself and about a gallon of water to drink (you're GOING to need it).
This discussion has been closed.