I'm 1 week in and still logging foods - a new record

Options
So here's my problem, besides the fact that I am and have always been overweight; I have tried many different ways to lose weight. Weight Watchers - countless times, Jenny Craig - 3 times, Bariatric plans - 3 times. What is my mental block?:grumble:

Anyway, on my iPhone last week, I came across this app and love, love the app. It's user-friendly but not all-up-in-my-business :wink: . So I started using it last Friday, I told my husband that I have actually used it every day (which is a big deal for me) and I have yet to lie about what I have eaten (unfortunately, a big problem for me when it comes to tracking what I eat). So I am excited.

I am 35, have approximately 110 lbs to lose and I am looking forward to this forum for support. BTW, per another poster's question about the meanest thing ever said to them; when I was 20 and in peak physical condition (for me) running 4 miles a day; I had a young high school couple on bicycle yell at me as I jogged by how they were feeling an earthquake and how fat I was and how I needed to keep running to maybe look good. I had earbuds in but no music playing so I heard it all. I acted as if I didn't hear them but 15 years later, it still makes me sad!:frown:

Replies

• Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You found a great app! I love it! It is hard at the beginning but it does get easier. :bigsmile: Make sure you log everything. Even if you just "taste" it. It keeps you accountable. If you really want something, just taste it or have a small portion. It will keep you from binging. If you would like to add me as a friend, I am an awesome cheerleader. :happy: Good luck on your journey!

Why do people have to be so mean?!?! :noway: I'm sorry that happened to you. :cry:

Jen
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    keep up the great work! MFP is a great place to be! Would it be neat to see where those meanies are these days! What goes around comes around and someday they will be hurt by someone else, maybe in a worse way! Not that i wish hurt on anyone, you can overcome this!