Did I mess up?

Options
I had a slice of pizza from Sam's today. Well ate almost half of it anyway. I am not a big pizza person, bit I had been craving some for a while. So today I had some pizza and now I messaed up all my numbers. Look at my diary and tell me what you think. I still have like 450 calories left but I already went over my fats, but xarbs and calories are still low.

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    This may not be your perfect day of nutrition but no, you did not "mess up." Your loss should be okay and just be careful about the rest of the day and tomorrow get back to your goals. 1 piece of pizza can't do too much dammage.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    One bad meal does not blow a day, one bad day does not blow a week and one bad week does not mean give up.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    That means veggies for you. Pizza isn't a bad thing. I occasionally have a slice of pizza, but then I have a large salad along with it. When you want something like pizza you have to plan how to incorporate it into your diet. Today is a learning lesson. I would have a big salad for dinner , use salsa instead of dressing and take it as a lesson learned. if it's just a one off type thing it shouldn't adversely effect your overall weight loss.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Today is one day! Don't worry too much about it! That could do more of a negative effect on you! It is okay to treat yourself! Ask anyone, they are never 100% perfect with their nutrition! Even trainers! Just eat what you need to for the rest of the day and then start again tomorrow! You will be just fine :)
  • cpumeu
    cpumeu Posts: 89
    Options
    don't beat yourself up about it. From time to time we all eat something that we wished we hadn't we are human....make on keeping on....get another workout in...go for a walk...just remember tomorrow is another new day!
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    we all are human. we all "messup" now and then...but be sure to pick back up the right way tomorrow!
  • bozadrian13
    Options
    You cannot mess up, just learn from it. I eat pizza every once in awhile, cause I like it, but I watch the rest of the day. Sometimes you just need pizza, or whatever it might be. Don't let it bother you, you can do whatever you want, fitness pal is just a guide to help us learn.
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    I ran 6 miles today and I was going to go swimming later after the mavs game. I feel sick now. I guess all that grease is starting to cause some damage in my tummy :(
    I guess more weights and resistance gor tofay's work out
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I haven't dropped any weight yet this week because I've been working on a pizza. I'm still staying within my calories, but my nutrition sucks this week. OH WELL :ohwell:

That pizza was good and one bad week with pizza... will get me a month without interest in pizza. So, it was worth it.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Not a mess up, a part of being HUMAN!

Sometimes, you just need to eat what you are wanting ... It's OK so long as you are aware of the choices you are making.

I am inferring that you are feeling like you cheated on your diet.

Maybe this thought process will help you a little: I know it has helped me A LOT!

Eat what you do, as long as it doesn't lead to any of the following issues:

1. Feeling guilty when you eat something (it's not a 'cheat', it's a CHOICE that has consequences such as needing to exercise a little more to make up for it, or eating a little less after the fact.)

2. Won't set you up for a pattern of irresponsible eating habits (It's OK to indulge in a treat once in a while, there would be no point in making a lifestyle change if you can't enjoy the LIFE part of that. BUT that doesn't mean you can act irresponsibly toward your body for the long term or you end up right back where you started, or worse.)

3. Recognizng the REAL REASON you were attacked by that food craving .... Was it just convenient? Sometimes, convenience is necessary... Was it a substitute for not dealing with an emotional issue? Recognize it and move on... Was it something you really wanted and were willing to accept the consequences for? Well then, see #2 .... Was it easier to eat that food item rather than deal with a sabotaging 'friend' who was judging you for not eating it? Confront the issue head on and with pride in the choices you are making for your own health and fitness.