comfort eating

MarthasMum
MarthasMum Posts: 26
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I've been doing so well but two bereavements in three days has knocked me for six. My apologises for not being around much this week. I just feel like I want to eat everything and anything. Any ideas? HELP. X

Replies

• WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Remain accountable for what you're eating. Continue to log. Good luck!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,318 Member
    Please be kind to yourself during this tough time. There will be plenty of time to get back into the swing next week. It is going to be hard to be away from foods if your family and friends are coming together to grieve.
    ((hug))
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    many blessings dear, my :heart: goes out to you & your family:flowerforyou:
  • MarthasMum
    MarthasMum Posts: 26
    Thank you. I know you're right but I give up soooooo easily. x
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Now is not the time to beat yourself up. Of course you do want to try to stay sensible and not just go crazy, but once you've recovered from this blow you can pick yourself right back up and get back to it. Your in my thoughts.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    maybe just keep the portions low????
  • Im the same and especially with all the stress. Go to the shops first thing in the morning without eating and grab as many healthy snacks as possible. Sugar free jellys, Ryvita thins (My new fave) and lots of sugar free squash. Youll be buying the snacks with that clear forward thinking head we all wake up with and seem to forget after lunch time :)
    All the best to you and good luck :)
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    I am so sorry for your losses!

I went through this in January when my Mom and best friend passed away within hours of each other.

Be kind to yourself. Make sure to get enough sleep and drink plenty of water. At the time, I couldn't eat much at all, but after everyone went home...well let's just say it wasn't pretty. I think the suggestion to just continue to log in whatever you eat is a great one. You will get back on track and you know we are all here for you!
  • ehinton2
    ehinton2 Posts: 2
    Hang in there! One day at a time and you will soon smile again. I feel you!
This discussion has been closed.