Insanity and not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Honestly with a name like insanity I'd say that's a clear sign to steer clear. But that's just me. Working out wisely and having a healthy, active, nutritious lifestyle will always be best for our bodies!

Any reason why you think Insanity is not "working out wisely"? Have you ever tried it?

I have a very healthy, active, nutritious lifeatyle and it includes insanity!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of insanity. I do it fasted in the AM and often supplement with BCAAs to encourage some fat burning. I weight train 2-3x week and jog about 7-10 k a week (in 2-3 sessions). I'm mostly en pointe with my nutrition.

I've lost 2 pounds and 6 inches. I have only 8 more pounds to lose so it will be very slow going. I'm super pleased about the inch loss.

One thing I will say about insanity or really any program- you can only get out of it what you put into it. There are some days when I half-*kitten* it through the workout. Then other days when I 'bring it' full force, going as hard as I can. For me, the difference between the two is major.

I don't mean to suggest that you are 'slacking off,' but just as it is important to take a hard look at yiour nutrition, it's the same for your level of workout intensity.

You can do it!

Good luck.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am on my 62nd day of Insanity. I have lost 12lbs and 20.25 inches. During month 1, I lost 8 and the rest during month 2. Month 2 is killer and where I saw my biggest results. I have read a lot of forums on the Beachbody website where people didn't lose a lot of weight from doing it but lost inches and really toned up. I didn't take a look at your diary, so I am not sure what your food intake is like. I noticed also on the forums that the people that lost the most weight, followed the nutrition plan, but I found that to be really time consuming and expensive.

Stick with it!! Good luck!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I agree with lots of people on here. It's all about what you eat. I completed Insanity last fall and I didn't changed my eating habits and only lost 5.5 lbs - that really hurt me b/c I was drenched in sweat after every workout (even during the stretches!). When I changed my eating habits I monitored my sodium/sugar closely and now my carbs you will see results!