BELLY FAT!!!!!

Options
Okay... so I am a mom of three- work 10 hr. days... not much time for toning... but obviously I need it! I have lost 23 lbs. I weigh 111 lbs (5' 2") which is GREAT! I don't want to complain b/c I am very happy with my loss, but my stomach still has the "mommy pooch". I have tried crunches- an ab lounger, etc. but nothing seems to be working on the lower area where I need it. :-( Any suggestions of work-outs that I can do each night when I get off work that can help me get rid of the pooch without costing me ANY more money on exercise equipment? Thanks!!!

Replies

• AZiemba
    AZiemba Posts: 17
    Options
    I loved the mari winsor pilates DVD, it definitely focuses right in on that core. The 30 day shred is also a great way to tone up in just 25 minutes per workout.
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Watch the carbs!!! As soon as I started low carbs my stomach is alot flatter.. also when doing core workouts u really need to add resistance to get good results.
  • BraydenHoyle
    Options
    :happy:
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this: http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/training-day/201105/single-best-ab-exercise-and-its-not-crunch

I'm also doing the 100 pushup challenge (http://hundredpushups.com). This is my first week, but in addition to being a bit sore in the usual pushup muscles, my abs feel almost tired. It's really odd. I'm taking measurements of my waist every two weeks, so we'll see what happens :)
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure if doing exercise could burn the fat, probably not, but it can tone up and strengthen your abdominal muscles. I find leg raises really helpful for the lower abdominal, google it.
    Congrats on your weight loss :)
  • sunnybigmc
    sunnybigmc Posts: 29
    Options
    I am in the same boat as u... minus the kids.. but i have that "pooch" too :\ but it is going away slowly! the exercises I recommend is situps.. or reverse sit ups (lay flat on ur back and lift ur legs up and down).. and make sure u give ur abs a break. do it every other day vs doing it every day. there are common foods that supposedly burns belly fat... oatmeal, eggs, using olive oil instead of canola or veggie oil, lemons, and theres more but i cant remember them. hope this helps!
  • nicakk01
    nicakk01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love the P90X Ab ripper.....If I do this faithfully, in a matter of a few weeks, definition is easily seen and remarked on by others. Congrats on your lose, that is awesome!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love the P90X Ab ripper.....If I do this faithfully, in a matter of a few weeks, definition is easily seen and remarked on by others. Congrats on your lose, that is awesome!

Yes, it is pretty awesome, and also fairly short.