Jumpin Judas! This is absurd!

Options
Ok, I have been the same weight for a while now and thought...'maybe I should work on keeping my metabolism up'. I realized that I was eating breakfast and then not eating for 6 hours when I get to take my lunch and that was probably bad? So this morning, I split my breakfast calories into two breakfasts about 3 hours apart. Yogurt and coffee then a protein shake later. Apparently that action sent me into an eating frenzy for the rest of the flippin day! I have been eating something every two hours so my stomach growl doesn't grow to a deafening roar. I'm ok on my calories for the day so far but having to constantly be thinking about my next snack is driving me nuts. Snacks today have been rice cakes, apple and carrots (may turn orange soon if the adage you are what you eat holds true). Am I on the right track? And if so, can someone PLEASE help me think of some low cal easy snacks that might help keep me full longer? Fighting the fatty awful food cravings a few times a day was ok, but I may lose this battle if I have to fight it 974 times in 24 hours!

Replies

• tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing too. having to be hungry 2 hrs later. I make sure I fill up on water first, then I get something thats a protein, like almonds or chicken breast so I wont be hungry for a while., Its weird, but this works for me.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you have enough room in your daily calorie budget, Weight Watchers part skim string cheese is great. It's 100 calories per two "sticks" and it does wonders to curb hunger for me.
  • ronchap
    ronchap Posts: 60
    Options
    I eat at 0600, 0900,1130, 1430 and after the gym about 1900