I found a victory in my defeat!

I just posted this in my blog, but I want to share it here, too.

The backstory: from March to September of last year I lost 62 pounds, and from October to May I gained back 32. Trying to get back on track means facing the music and I've felt really, really horrible about that gain - it's been haunting me - and even though I know I'm not, my body (and mind) feel fatter than ever.

Here's the victory I managed to find in all of it:

"I was feeling discouraged, and wondered to myself if I even weigh less than I did a year ago today. Though I'd never weigh myself ever before 2010, I'm entirely sure that 2011 is the first year of my life where I've weighed less on any date this year than I did the previous year. I looked into my logs here... and it's true. There hasn't been a day this year where I weighed more than the same day last year. That's something, at least. That feels really good."

A first! In my whole life! I don't feel like such a loser anymore - I feel like at least this is PROOF I've been turning things around in my life!

Replies

• bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Just keep it up :smile: everyone has setbacks you can overcome them
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    you know I am glad you posted this! It shows me that we are all human and it shows you that you are making progress!
    Keep it up girl! And no negative self talk..wasted breath is all that is :)
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    it is hard to have a gain but at least you are finding the positive in the situation. keep up the hard work and you will make back to where you want to be :)
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    I can totally identify with how lousy it feels to regain weight. I applaud you for finding the positive which is that you've been successful in maintaining at least a 30 pound loss! :drinker: You are a winner, not a loser! (except of excess weight:wink: ). You have accomplished what few achieve; keeping off weight. Best wishes on your continued success!
    051685 Posts: 21
    Thank you, ladies! It's funny, I'm not sure I've EVER felt better about ANY of the weight I've lost until the moment I realized that. Even when I hit -60 and I could just taste "100 down" it still didn't feel like as much of a victory as seeing proof I'm really changing has.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Great message!!! Keep at it and you shall triumph!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!