snap fitness reviews?

Options
I've never been to a gym before because I hate that kind of place but I am currently moving in a new apartment 3 minutes and some seconds, when walking very slowly) from one.
It's called snap fitness and it is apparently a big chain in the US. My problem is that I've seen lots of bad reviews online, not on the one at my location, but on this "brand" in general. I've visited mine and it looks pretty good for the time I spend there being a bit creepy and looking everywhere.
Does anyone know about these guys?
Is it a nice environment to work out?

Thanks for your answers :)

Replies

• jamiefire7
    jamiefire7 Posts: 50
    Options
    I work out at one in California near Sacramento and I haven't had any problems. I live in a small town and haven't experienced anything bad to report. I came from a California Family Fitness and I miss that gym like CRAZY but Snap is great for a small gym.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    No I haven't heard of them but they probably have a 7 day free trial. If they do do that and go at different times of the day to see how it is and I would take a guy with you. You will be less vulnerable. What neck of the woods do you reside in (State)
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i workout at snap... there are 2 in my town... i like the smaller gym setting and i have really gotten to know a lot of the people that workout there... it feels almost like a family... i had the chance to move to a bigger gym for free and haven't been able to leave my Snap family yet... on the downside- there aren't any fitness classes offered at my gym... so i am on my own for working out.

they do offer a free week trial. try it out and if you don't like it you aren't out anything.
  • jlanphear78
    jlanphear78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I loved my Snap Fitness. I left because the new gym I joined has a pool and classes.
  • cdupuie84
    cdupuie84 Posts: 20
    Options
    I joined Snap almost 2 weeks ago. I LOVE it! They are so nice and CLEAN. The staff is friendly, and helpful. The prices aren't too bad. Its a smaller gym and somedays I;m the only one in there. I wish there was a pool, but I still love it and can't say more positive things about it!
  • championrunner
    Options
    I recently joined the Snap Fitness in Moorhead Minnesota. The person who was helping me was excellent. He was very easy going, very informative and sold me on the benefits of this club. I was not going to sign any contract and that was fine with him. But in the end I did, because I have confidence in this club and the people who run it. It is clean, modern and a great bunch of people that work out here.

I looked at several other health clubs in town but none matched the customer service I get when i go here. Brad who was my sales person, always greets me and makes me feel that I can accomplish my goals. Very positive and that is what a gym needs.

5 stars to Snap Fitness of Moorhead.
  • picksix123
    Options
    I joined Snap Fitness in October 2012. At that time they had a promotion running for a refer-a-friend and get a free month. I had a friend moving to the area so I had her join. They charged me for the next month. In December I went in and mentioned this to them and they told me they would take care of it. Got charged the next month. Went in again in January and was told they would take care of it. Still got charged. I got busy with work and didn't make it back while the staff was working until May and of course told they would take care of it. Still got charged. Finally quit to join a real gym. I don't even care about the money, it's the lying about their own promotions that bothered me.

In addition, machines are constantly broken. The trainer takes up all the space. And weights are never re-racked. I would advise anyone to find a different place.

This is in Lyndon, KY.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Our local Snap Fitness is great. My husband belongs because of the location and because he can exercise at any of them when he is out of town.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    many years ago during one of my failed attempts at weight loss i went to a snap fitness and it sufficed for what i needed then..plus at the time of day i went in it was always empty...

now..for me it wouldnt work because of a lack of squat racks..Ill stick with the Y
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I went to a snap fitness before I moved and I really liked it. It had everything I wanted, and I worked with a personal trainer and a friend and we honestly had a very good time at that gym.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I started at Snap. I thought it was a great newbie gym. Mine had free weights and a squat rack that no one else used, so that was awesome. I was there about a year, and then my local one closed and I moved to a bodybuilding gym.