Weird food you won't give up

Options
Teeladog
Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
So...I eat really healthy probably 85% of the time. I go off the rails on chocolate/cookies/brownies on occasion but eating healthy really isn't much of an issue for me most of the time. I have a few slightly weird downfalls though that I don't seem to be able to give up no matter how dedicated I am to eating right. One I sort of caved to tonight...butter on saltines. I only eat them when my husband is out of town. They are sort of a comfort food for me. I didn't eat a ton of them and I am still within my points. I have kind of come to the conclusion that this is just one of those things I am going to have to learn to work around because the more I tried to tell myself not to eat them the worse the craving became.

So...who else out there has a weird/bad food habit that you have decided you just need to learn to accommodate? I know I am not the only one...Fess Up!

Replies

• mghane
    mghane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Omg, you just reminded me of my favorite saltine treat: saltines with cream cheese and honey... omg... I want.
  • lrm130
    lrm130 Posts: 4
    Options
    I can't give up coffee... But, I try to make it healthy. Instead of having a 1000 venti drink with whip, I'll get a skinny latte (non fat/sugar free). I also can't give up cheese. I love cheese. I don't make a habit out of eating it though. Oh and sometimes, I will eat a bowl of cheerios.... for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I need to eat better but I'm always within my points!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually given up anything. If I want it I will have it within calories but there are a few things that I should give up but can't...pork scratchings...nothing but salt and fat really but oh so nice! (yeah yeah I know they're not to everyones taste)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    diet soda. I'll drink less, and I always mostly drink water, but I'm not giving it up anytime soon, and I don't really care what some half-assed correlation study tells me about it.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i dont think i have any particularly weird foods however I cannot give up cheese! love it far far too much
  • hotpinkduck
    Options
    mayo, i work at a sandwich shop and eat them every day. i have tried eating a sandwich without it but its just gross to me, and when i do, it makes me feel like i still need something extra. i finally decided that it was worth the 100 calories to enjoy my sandwich!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Mine is the hard coated colorful easter eaggs with marshmellow inside
    I have one every night only 2 left until next easter :noway:
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am soooooooo with you guys on cheese! I limit my intake more than I used to but I will not give it up. That is honestly why I work out so much - so I don't have to give up cheese and wine (and the occasional saltine with butter).
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Butter on saltines....I ate that when I was a kid. It was a huge treat at my house ...(we were really poor). I stopped doing at when I got married cause my husband thinks it is gross.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... saltines and butter. I also like them sandwiched with peanut butter. I haven't had that in years though.
    I wouldn't give up cheese, butter, chocolate... I just have to think about how much I'm having at one time now.
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What are saltines?
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One Word: Cheeseburgers

I used to make them 1/3lbs out of 80/20 beef, now a days I make it 1/4lb burgers out of 93/7 beef. It reduced a lot of the fat and calories. I usually have salad on the side instead of fries like I used to.

It's not as grubbilicious, but it's much healthier, and I feel less guilty eating them now.

That's usually my guilty pleasure.
  • pinkstapler
    pinkstapler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    What are saltines?

They are plain white square crackers with salt. I love them with butter and jam or in soup, my mom used to tease me that I just wanted some soup with my saltines.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    Corn dogs!!
  • emmaline8
    emmaline8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! I hear so many conflicting things about it- whether it's good for you or not, but I don't care. I love it way too much.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    chicken noodle soup with melted cheddar cheese
    CHEESE
    I used to eat burnt hot dogs (the ones with the cheese in them) with alot of ketchup!
    Frozen Grapes
    cinnamon apple sauce and melted butter!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Butter and saltines..Loved eating that at a restaurant while waiting for our food when I was a kid!

Coffee and chocolate. :heart: :heart: :heart: Never. Ever. Going to give those up. Life's too short to give up everything you love. :glasses:

I eat very little dairy (just yogurt) and avoid gluten due to intolerance. I miss bread sometimes, and really miss pizza. Otherwise, I allow myself anything else in moderation.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    Dry roasted peanuts, I eat like half a serving everyday and never log it. I need to get them out of the house, I just can't resist eating a few while I make my dinner.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    eating franks red hot on everything
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Definately cheese!!