Applebee's Under 550 Meals

Options
Are these worth it? Is there a decent amount of food? I mean I have had the Weight Watchers meals and there's nothing on the plate! I like my food! Hence the reason I need MFP! But I'm looking at the Teriyaki Shrimp Pasta...anybody got any feedback?

Replies

• Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Are these worth it? Is there a decent amount of food? I mean I have had the Weight Watchers meals and there's nothing on the plate! I like my food! Hence the reason I need MFP! But I'm looking at the Teriyaki Shrimp Pasta...anybody got any feedback?
    I'll be honest. I NEVER like the options on those 'fit calories' menus at restaurants. I don't want to eat rice and lettuce. Or some steamed veggies. Defeats the very purpose of me going out..to splurge. I've learned the easiest option for me it so just split a lunch with my friend right down the middle. Cuts the calories right in half and it's usually something good to eat. That isn't steamed. :tongue:
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    not enough food for 500 cal atleast to me I like filling meals
    applebees left me hungrey and unsatisfied.
  • aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    Options
    I love the steak & shrimp one.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I had the steak and garlic shrimp yesterday. It came with broccoli and potatoes. It was more than enough for me and was happy about the calories, too. Guess it all depends on what you like.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Meh. They reduce the calories but not the sodium. If I'm gonna go out to eat, I'm gonna go out to EAT. I'll just box up half of the meal and eat it later. :-)
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Their portabella chicken dijon is REALLY tasty, and so is the steak/shrimp dish (I don't remember what it's called). You get a very generous amount of food with these 2 dishes - meat, potatoes and large serving of steamed veggies. The only bad part is the amount of sodium. I tried the teriayaki chicken pasta, and wasn't crazy about that one - to me it just had an "off" taste. For that reason I would not try the Teriyaki Shrimp Pasta.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I went there just a few weeks ago on my anniversary and got a 7 oz sirloin, baked potato and broccoli and just ate half which was just over 500 calories and had the rest the next day for lunch so there's an option for you:)
  • Cyndiluhoo
    Options
    I've had the steak with shrimp with veggies and red potatoes and I was VERY content to have just a glass of ice water with it. However, I've had people tell me that the calorie count is not accurate. So, be careful...
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    aehenson - posting at the same time and with the same meal lol!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Look at the steak and potato salad. It's not on the 550 menu, it's in the salad section. It's actually the best calorie count on the menu. They also post their nutrition info online, so you can research. Ironically, every other salad they have other than that one are the worst offenders on the menu.
  • kpeacock22
    Options
    I just had one of these meals the other day! I got the shrimp and island rice, and I got full! In fact, I didn't finish all the shrimp or rice. The rice was a little bland, but the shrimp & steamed veggies were delish!! Eating out is hard. I wanted so bad to order the fajitas, but they're about 1400 calories - more than my daily amt, so it really wasn't worth the calories to me.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I like the Asiago peppercorn steak one.. enough food for me, but they are all packed with sodium. I've had the teriyaki chicken one and it was ok, but I like the steak better. I'm not a fan of shrimp or mushrooms, so those are the only two I've had.

Personally, I'd rather have the Grilled chicken Oriental Salad... only 690 for 1/2 a salad and it's enough for me! That and an unsweetened iced tea with lemon hits the spot sometimes!!!!
  • botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I check the selections in restaurants BEFORE I venture out. I do not eat meat and rarely eat chicken. I guess you would say I look for fish. I watch the extras like bread, and items that are loaded , such a potatoes with lots of butter. I try to go plain. I still fill up. I can usually do better than 550 if I watch it very carefully. I never go hungry. The more I get used to this, the less I seem to crave. My goal is to eat carefully but still get pretty much what I want or what I like. I can not sustain a diet where I am limited to a few food choices.

And I box up half and take it home for the next day. Or my hubby and I share the meal. He has been a healthy eater all his life and he exercises daily. He is my role model. It is just I went astray with my craving for dessert and more dessert.

I AM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS SO IF YOU WISH BEFRIEND ME.
  • jovon_84
    jovon_84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The island one is good the other ones I have tried I was still starving after ward
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I think my post disappeared or this may be a double...
    BUT

3410 mgs of sodium in the Terriaki Shrimp so be ready to retain some water if you have that.
    I would go with the steak, 1500 mgs of sodium and less carbs, more protein.

either way, enjoy!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    I love them! The pasta though is my least favorite. The steak and shrimp and the steak with asiago cheese are fabulous. Add one of their 80 calories ceasar salads and it's plenty! Enjoy!
  • jackieh1191
    Options
    The Steak and Shrimp is actually pretty good and enough food. Not too sure on the amount of sodium though.