BWL Support Group (For all TEAMS and PEEPS

Options
Alright I have been struggling lately with reaching my Goals for my workouts.. I posted something yesterday and I go so much support from my Purple team... I then sent Canelitas a message asking if we could have a Support group that we could possibly help people who are struggling or just need to ask questions.

We figured if we get all teams together on this with so many of us. It may help some one who needs modivational advice, or just some food ideas or maybe just a little kick in our butt. We all need that every once in a while..
I know there are some MFPers who signed up for this challenge who like me just needs some support.
Maybe other people need help with their foods or even some support mentally with their goals or questions.

I know there are the knowledgeable MFP's who are great they may not even be in this challenge. And they may have information that may help someone...

So I thought why not.
So this tread will be here for any one of us Biggest Weight losers who need some type of support.

If it gets to big and we need a new one any one feel free to make one.

"What better then having others kicking our butts, and making us realize we can be left behind." Canelitas

Go Teams...

Melissa

Replies

• melissa73
    Options
    Alright I have been struggling lately with reaching my Goals for my workouts.. I posted something yesterday and I go so much support from my Purple team... I then sent Canelitas a message asking if we could have a Support group that we could possibly help people who are struggling or just need to ask questions.

We figured if we get all teams together on this with so many of us. It may help some one who needs modivational advice, or just some food ideas or maybe just a little kick in our butt. We all need that every once in a while..
    I know there are some MFPers who signed up for this challenge who like me just needs some support.
    Maybe other people need help with their foods or even some support mentally with their goals or questions.

I know there are the knowledgeable MFP's who are great they may not even be in this challenge. And they may have information that may help someone...

So I thought why not.
    So this tread will be here for any one of us Biggest Weight losers who need some type of support.

"What better then having others kicking our butts, and making us realize we can be left behind." Canelitas

Go Teams...

Melissa
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Morning Melissa!!

This is a great idea :flowerforyou:

I have to be honest, after how I acted Sunday, I was seriously considering dropping out of the race. But, after seeing everyone's support of those who keep struggeling, I realized that we are all fighting demons and need to band together!

It's so easy to give up, but it's so worth it to change.

:flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    Options
    Yeah I agree.. I just think that everyone needs a little help some time and this post will be here when they need it..

NOBODY NEED GIVE UP!!!
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Thanks for starting this Melissa :flowerforyou:

I for one, need a butt kick from time to time - I'm not able to post as much as I'd like, but I do enjoy reading everyones email messages and getting to know my running mates. I'm really glad to have came to this site and get to know many of you, You ALL motivate me :bigsmile:

We are ALL in this together...and as the song says, "You can Lean On Me" :flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    Options
    Bumping .. So you will know it is here when you need it...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey what a great idea....my weeks been going well, my weigh ins for the last 2 Weds SUCKED but I was on plan, working out...so such is life when it's all TOM's fault! :noway: :laugh:

So I thought why not.

Go Teams...

Melissa
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    C... :happy: How are you liking the 5-6 meals a day way of eating? Is it working out better for you? Spill it girlfriend!! :drinker:
    Thanks for starting this Melissa :flowerforyou:

I for one, need a butt kick from time to time - I'm not able to post as much as I'd like, but I do enjoy reading everyones email messages and getting to know my running mates. I'm really glad to have came to this site and get to know many of you, You ALL motivate me :bigsmile:

We are ALL in this together...and as the song says, "You can Lean On Me" :flowerforyou:
  • melissa73
    Options
    It is harder for me on the weekends too... I know it is all potrion control and eating the right foods... But darnit it isn't fun when hubby can eat 3 icecream bars and not even care how many calories he eats...:explode:

We can do this together... I know we can...
    Melissa
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    It is harder for me on the weekends too... I know it is all potrion control and eating the right foods... But darnit it isn't fun when hubby can eat 3 icecream bars and not even care how many calories he eats...:explode:

Melissa

I know exactly what you mean. My hubby was eating Reeses Peanut Butter Cups for snack the other day and I was eating carrots. That is so unfair. Chocolate and Peanut Butter..MMMMMMMMMMM

This is a great idea.

Connie
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    As of today it has been 5 weeks since I started using this site and I'm down 8 pounds and not even slightly discouraged yet!! :happy: I've been doing alot of thinking lately and realized I've been trying to lose weight or been unhappy with my weight for 20 years!!! That's 20 years of doing every diet out there, (half a$$ed mind you), and have lost some weight here and there but always gained it back plus 5lbs more! :grumble: :angry:

So I figured....why not do it the right way once and be done with it? I have given myself a year to lose 55lbs. That mean making small changes in my life to get to this. Counting calories was my first step. Once I felt I had a handle...(with some mess ups)...I decided to add in intentional exercise. Once I have those 2 down pat I'm going to work on getting my allotted calories from better foods. Whole grains, etc. I have never stuck to a plan for 5 weeks before and not been discouraged by now or starving, or craving, or whatever! I am finally ready to do this the right way and to keep it off for good. Imagine if I had done this in the beginning I would have had the last 19 years to be happy and comfortable in my body! That seems so silly now that I just didn't get it sooner.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually don't need the extra support right now but I can definitely help to support others. I am on a mission to change my life for good and am sooo excited about it! Anyone wanting an extra butt kick from me....let me know....I'll be glad to do it!!:bigsmile:

Shauna:flowerforyou:
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES to bring home Chinese take-out or Piza on Friday and Saturday nights. Ugh! I keep telling him to stop. But my whole family shouldn't have to be punished because I let myself get so overweight. He's getting better....he brings me a salad on Pizza night....which is real nice. Except for that Pizza smell.

How do you all get your families to understand how hard it is for you to eat salad or carrot sticks while they are eating pizza and candy and ice cream?
  • melissa73
    Options
    My kids are always supportive... My husband isn't to bad... But gosh when I am eating a yogurt and he tells my daughter to get him a 3rd ice cream bar. I really don't think he thinks of my feelings... I get my sugar Fruit. I have yet to go buy me some of those low cal snack bars because I know I won't be able to stop at just one. That is just me though... I love snacking on like wheat thins, string cheese, grapes and nuts..

I really don't think my family thinks about it to much... It seems like I have been eating this way for ever now. I love Bread though and it is a killer...

But when I went A-wall this last summer for a bit It was like the old me all over again and I didn't like that at all. So I am glad to be back where I belong... Now I can say no more... been there done that..

We can all do this... Keep up the good work.
    Melissa
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Melissa,

I think this is a fantastic idea.

I got so frustrated this morning when I did my weigh in for biggest losers. UGH! I was depressed and thinking of all the food I have been missing and it seems to have been all for nothing.

Then I was in the bathroom at work washing my hands when a co-worker saw me there and said she hardly noticed me... She said that my stomach was down so much and I looked so much more toned, she said it was a big difference:blushing:

She has been the first person to comment on my weight loss since I started in JULY!!!!!!

It really was just what I needed to continue on this journey, and to remember why I started.

I hope I can be supportive for all of you who are struggling too!
  • melissa73
    Options
    That is so great T. I have felt that same way too. I know that the clothes are smaller but for some reason I still see the same fat person sometimes in the mirror...
    With that being said. We are beautiful and handsome and we can achieve anything: and if you don't see it right now other people do...

Suni I am counting on people like you to help us all out when we need kicked...:laugh:
    Before long we will be the ones doing the kicking...

I'm glad you all agree..
    The best support here is the support we give each other...

Melissa
  • Canelitas
    Options
    C... :happy: How are you liking the 5-6 meals a day way of eating? Is it working out better for you? Spill it girlfriend!! :drinker:

Hey - Thanks to you, I took your advice on eating 5-6 meals a day, and it has really helped me, I'm not overeating, but NOW my problem is - No Excersise :cry: - I get home late, and that last thing on my mind is excersise.... :(

However I have signed up at a Church Pre-school for a Body & Soul Fitness Program, every Wednesday for an hour. :bigsmile:
  • Canelitas
    Options

Melissa

Ahh...Sounds like my hubby, He is very supportive and encourages me, but there is that once in awhile bad hubby, he is as thin as can get, and eats whatever, never gains :noway:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Tina - that is awesome, That would definetly boost your motivation.

Tlg - Maybe try eating some veggies before dinner and have some water, and then maybe after dinner you feel fuller faster, which you could be dismissed before desserts come out.

Suni - I can always use your support - Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Hey - Thanks to you, I took your advice on eating 5-6 meals a day, and it has really helped me, I'm not overeating, but NOW my problem is - No Excersise :cry: - I get home late, and that last thing on my mind is excersise.... :(

However I have signed up at a Church Pre-school for a Body & Soul Fitness Program, every Wednesday for an hour. :bigsmile:
    Baby steps girl! YAY for you for making the change....a whole different world doing it that way isn't it? :happy: Let us know how you like you're class...sounds WONDERFUL:flowerforyou:

Do you have time in the earlier a.m to get your excercise in? WIth a class though I bet that wil get you motivated to work it in somewhere through out the day. I know if I miss more than one day of my fitness Center...I'm a freakin mess:noway: I get the shakes....:laugh: no but I sure do miss my peeps there and feel I'm in such a wonderful environment when I'm working out. It's a gym like no other...not a chain but a one of a kind.:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Things like that can make simply the world of differebce can't they though! :drinker:

Then I was in the bathroom at work washing my hands when a co-worker saw me there and said she hardly noticed me... She said that my stomach was down so much and I looked so much more toned, she said it was a big difference:blushing:

She has been the first person to comment on my weight loss since I started in JULY!!!!!!

It really was just what I needed to continue on this journey, and to remember why I started.

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    difference even! :grumble:
    Things like that can make simply the world of differebce can't they though! :drinker: