Resistance Bands

Options
I've been dieting nearly two weeks now. My diet consists of 1,200 calories a day, and I usually walk twice a day in 30 minute increments for cardio. I have in the past 4 days purchased wrist weights, a weighted belt and some resistance bands for additional fat loss and strength training. I'm 5'5" and 150lbs. My goal is to be 125lbs by August 22nd. I was just curious if anyone else has used/had any success with any of that equipment. I can already tell a difference in my arms and thighs from the resistance bands, but I don't know too many exercises for my abs. And as far as the wrist weights and the weighted belt, wouldn't it boost my results in my walking/cardio routine?

Any comments, answers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I use my weighted gloves sometimes, when I do my Tae Bo or other kickboxing workouts. It tends to up the intensity to me.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Weight bands are AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE. they're better than free weights, they keep constant tension on the muscle which weights don't do. You can easily adjust the weight by shortening or lengthening the powerband very quickly. They're like a full weight set.