Resistance Bands

Options
I've been dieting nearly two weeks now. My diet consists of 1,200 calories a day, and I usually walk twice a day in 30 minute increments for cardio. I have in the past 4 days purchased wrist weights, a weighted belt and some resistance bands for additional fat loss and strength training. I'm 5'5" and 150lbs. My goal is to be 125lbs by August 22nd. I was just curious if anyone else has used/had any success with any of that equipment. I can already tell a difference in my arms and thighs from the resistance bands, but I don't know too many exercises for my abs. And as far as the wrist weights and the weighted belt, wouldn't it boost my results in my walking/cardio routine?

Any comments, answers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    ok. Here's a link for something to do with the bands. Load the page, and right in the middle is a video. The article is interesting as well. :)

http://fitbie.msn.com/get-fit/3-workout-mistakes-slow-metabolism
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've been dieting nearly two weeks now. My diet consists of 1,200 calories a day, and I usually walk twice a day in 30 minute increments for cardio. I have in the past 4 days purchased wrist weights, a weighted belt and some resistance bands for additional fat loss and strength training. I'm 5'5" and 150lbs. My goal is to be 125lbs by August 22nd. I was just curious if anyone else has used/had any success with any of that equipment. I can already tell a difference in my arms and thighs from the resistance bands, but I don't know too many exercises for my abs. And as far as the wrist weights and the weighted belt, wouldn't it boost my results in my walking/cardio routine?

Any comments, answers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There isn't too many exercises for abs you can do with the bands. I use the resistance bands with p90x and did with chalean extreme and I love them. Now with your weighted wrist weights there are several exercises for abs you can do especially if you have a yoga ball. If you have a ball, then you can do crunches, oblique crunches, rowing, etc.. keep in mind, youtube and on demand (if you have comcast or something like that) have programs. Second, You really should increase your calories by another 200-300 by my caclulations.

I estimated your BMR to be 1500 calories. I figured you workout and burn at least 400 calories. That means you burn 1900 calories a day. To maintain a good calories deficit, if you back off 500 calories max, you would be around 1400 calories. This will maximize your weight loss. The biggest thing that will help you tone up is doing a lifting routine. Pick two body parts a day and work them out for 45 minutes to an hour. For example, chest and back or Shoulders and Arms or Legs and Back. Between each lifting day, do a high intense cardio day (plyometrics, HIIT, etc). I will tell you, you may not lose as much weigh as you would like as you are growing your muscle, but you will lose inches all over and BF % will come off. For example, I just completed 90 days of chalean extreme. I only lose 5 lbs but I lost 6" (between my hips, waist and abs) and 3% body fat. Weight is kind of meaningless, it's all about body composition.

I know it's more than you asked, but you can't ever have too much information, lol.