Heaven in my mouth!

Options
2»

Replies

• BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Nutella is so high in calories that I took a look at the nutrition label and ran screaming from the room!

It's a staple for many people at my college.. I tried it, but I didn't fall in LOVE with it.. thankfully.

It's one less food addiction I have to face.

I'll stick to my dark chocolate!
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    melt butter/margarine in a frying pan and place a whole wheat tortilla smeared with one half nutella and place the tortilla on the frying pan until it starts to bubble up.then place mini marshmellows on the nutella and fold the tortilla in half. it's a mock crepe... not the healthiest, but it's delicious!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Big butter croissant lathered in nutella......So incredibly delicious.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    It is pretty high in calories still. :S I try to avoid it plus i still enjoy peanut butter more so I reach for that but i do have a big jar of it just sitting there.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yes! Its the best thing ever! I am totally addicted to it. I make sure I have enough cals to have at least a little every day.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    You might try home-made nutella - I made mine all-natural by using honey instead of sugar to sweeten it. You can play with the amount of cocoa and honey to make it fit your tastes. Believe it or not after trial and error coconut oil really was the key ingredient (I originally tried making it with other oils... just didn't taste right).

2 cups hazelnuts, toasted & skins removed as much as possible
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    3 Tbsp honey
    1 Tbsp almond oil
    3 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
    pinch or two of salt
    1/4 cup of water
    2 tsp vanilla extract

Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until they form a coarse paste. You'll need to scrape the bowl down a few times to fully incorporate.

Add the remaining ingredients except the water and continue to process until somewhat smooth.

Slowly drizzle in the water until you achieve a smooth, emulsified consistency, keeping in mind that you might not need all the water, or might need a bit more.

Scrape the spread into a container and chill in the refrigerator until spreadable; it will keep for about a week. Bring to room temperature before spreading on toast, pouring over ice cream, or directly into your mouth...

* To toast hazelnuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until the nuts turn light brown. I don't bother with trying to rub off the skins - I find it too much trouble and the results are about the same.

Nutrition Info:
    Per Tablespoon (makes approx. 32 servings): 77 calories, 4g carbs, 2g protein, 7g fat, 41mg sodium, 2g sugar
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I;ve been debating on trying nutella... is it really that good?

Did you ever have the wonderful candy called Ice Cubes? It's like eating those, but molten. Chocolate and hazelnut, simply luscious.

yes, it is that good.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it it years but I remember it being super nasty when I was a kid!!!!
    Are you sure thats not vegamite you are thinking of? :laugh:
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i bake mines with raspberries, and plain cresent rolls

35l9pb8.jpg
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Are you sure thats not vegamite you are thinking of? :laugh:

:laugh: Vegamite, marmite...totally NOT nutella!! :wink:

Trenton - thanks for sharing your recipe! :flowerforyou:

- - - -
    @babytoy - wow whatta teaser photo
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I've made accountant_boi's natural nutella and it was just as good as the original. Ridiculously tempting though even if it was "healthier." I may have overindulged a bit...:tongue:
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Nutella on pancakes with sliced banana. Weeeew!
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe earlier on the boards here. Haven't tried it out, but I can't wait to.

Nutella Banana Wontons

1 wonton wrapper - 20 calories
    1 teaspoon Nutella - 33 calories
    1 slice banana - 7 calories (I am guessing, but it can't be more lol)
    1 Nutella/Banana Wonton - 60 calories & a smile

You will need:

Wonton Wrappers
    Nutella
    Sliced Bananas
    1 Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray

Directions:

* Place Wonton wrapper on a flat surface
    * Add one teaspoon of heaven, I mean Nutella in the middle
    * Lick spoon (don't act like you are not going to lick the spoon
    * Place the banana slice on top
    * Dip finger in beaten eggs and glaze the edges of the wonton
    * bring all for corners to the middle and press all sides to make it look like...I don't know, make it look like something
    * Spray the bottom of a cookie sheet and place wontons on sheet
    * Spray the top of the wontons just a little so that they crisp up when they cook
    * Place in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the wonton is brown and crispy looking
    * Remove Wontons and cry a little out of happiness

Enjoy!