I accidently did a no-no

Options
2»

Replies

• ilikeflowers
    Options
    I totally dont mean this in a mean way, but are you sure that youre actually eating 550 calories? Do you measure and weigh foods? What did you eat and what do you normally eat? Its really easy to eat more than you think, we are used to the portions we are given in restaurants or the size of bowls or plates of food, but they are much more than one serving often! Im just asking, because me I know that if I had 550 calories I would not move. Its very hard to eat that few calories and actually function. How are you typing?? lol. Have a protein bar if thats what you feel like, maybe if you do some excersize or smell something tasty it will awaken your appetite?
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    I love almonds and peanut butter but can only eat that on weekends due to i work with someone with peanut allergies and i don't want to kill my bosses wife, not good for work. I just don't eat anything with peanuts so theirs no chance of anything happening.

I understood your analogy but i really don't know anything about cars, I'm a computer geek :P

I almost fainted today while i was jogging but i was close to my house so i just threw myself on the couch and sat there breathing for 30 minutes.

I'm going to get protein bars or pouder tomorrow. I am going to probably just try eating more meals throughout the day. or pre plan my meals.

@tomhusker if i was coming within 500 of my recommended calorie intake i wouldn't be complaining but I'm over 1100 calories off + i lost roughly 500 calories from my workouts. I just don't have an appetite.

It sounds like you are definately eating too few calories. Try quinoa pasta! Yum :)
  • BrianA180
    BrianA180 Posts: 12
    Options
    I know you don't mean it in a mean way. I appreciate your input. Yes i measure what i eat, or at least i started to about a month ago. I'm am 95% certain that it was Roughly 550. maybe more maybe less i could be off.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If you can't drink milk, perhaps almond/soy/hemp/rice milk to replace? Mix it with some protein powder and it makes a good calorie shot that doesn't FEEL like eating.
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    If you can't drink milk, perhaps almond/soy/hemp/rice milk to replace? Mix it with some protein powder and it makes a good calorie shot that doesn't FEEL like eating.

I cant do milk or dairy either, I get almond milk or soy milk. Theyre actually really good! I get the Blue Diamond almond milk. Blend it with fruit, a banana, protein powder in the blender :) And peanut butter on the weekends! Is she also allergic to almonds? Theres almond, flax, cashew butters too that you can try. Lara Bars are amazing and dont have wheat or gluten.
  • BrianA180
    BrianA180 Posts: 12
    Options

I cant do milk or dairy either, I get almond milk or soy milk. Theyre actually really good! I get the Blue Diamond almond milk. Blend it with fruit, a banana, protein powder in the blender :) And peanut butter on the weekends! Is she also allergic to almonds? Theres almond, flax, cashew butters too that you can try. Lara Bars are amazing and dont have wheat or gluten.

Thanks, I'll try some of that stuff out. and quinoa pasta does look quite good. I saw a couple dishes of them done fancy and i wouldn't mind trying to make a few. I like to cook.
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    I think the shapes work better than the spaghetti, fyi :) The spaghetti texture is a little different than wheat pasta but the shapes I cant tell the difference. Quinoa pasta is much higher in protein.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't panic about starvation mode just yet, but definitely eat something. Handful of almonds maybe - they are really good for you and quite high in calories for only a little amount.

Then try to get a good sleep and spend a little bit of time tomorrow planning what you are going to eat. This way you can work in some higher cal foods to make sure that you are getting enough energy, even if you aren't eating big quantities.

And, well done for recognising that eating too little is bad for you, just as eating too much is.
    Shall we say that you need to charge your iphone in order for your apps to keep working :) (is that better than the car analogy?)