Well, here is me...

Options
Hi everyone,
While I'm new to MFP, I am not new to losing weight (I hate the word dieting). I almost hit my goal last year, but now I am starting almost over. I am looking for accountability without the financial cost of other sites, and luckily I already know someone who is using this site.
My struggle is mostly due to my size, not width but height. I'm short, 4'8", so according to most scales I am moderately obese. Unfortunately they are comparing me to a 10 year old. Being 30, it just isn't the same thing. Portions are not made for an average adult, so I have to watch it even closer. Obviously it hasn't been going as well as I would like.
I recently found that I don't mind jogging if I have loud upbeat music, so I am hoping to start that up again after a minor setback.
My main goal is to be a reasonable weight (my doctor says no lower than 110) before my husband and I start trying for a baby later this year. I want it to be an exciting time, not a constant reminder of my weight.
So, here's to me, and here's to babies :)

Replies

• TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too! Welcome and good luck to you. I think I love this site and I love the fact it is so user friendly, and I can do it on my Blackberry too.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" but your senario is worse. Welcome to mfp. I know you will reach your goal with all of the support there is here :)
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    Welcome! Another shorty here (5 feet.) I know all too well about the whole height/weight thing. You will love the support and the ease of the food diary. I seriously don't think I could do this without it. And it's so much better than the sites/programs you have to pay for. Good luck on your journey!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to the beginning of your amazing journey. I have Hypothyroidism. It can be challenging to get weight off but IT can be done!
    Please feel free to add me for support!

7035780.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

~~~~~
    SW: 202
    CW: 192
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I loved reading your story.. Good luck on the baby practicing...:) Wow... How exciting....starting a family.....

I have a 9 yrs old and she is the MOST percious gift from God that has come into our lives. Enjoy this journey with some amazing very supportive ladies & men on here. Feel free to add me and Good luck...

Missy