CLA and other healthy oils ...anyone?

Options
My husband and son did some lengthy online research on CLA, Omega 3 and Omegs 6 oils and their benefit to aiding in weight loss. My husband has dropped 40lbs without any exercise at all and he just takes these oil capsules and eats less....It's been proven to work in studies. Just curious if anyone else uses CLA, Flaxseed oil, and Fish/Borage oils on a daily basis? Besides weight loss, it is also beneficial for cardiovascular health and has antioxidant properties. Let me know.

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband took CLA hardly worked out and just ate healthier and went from being 298 to 270 within a month :O
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband took CLA hardly worked out and just ate healthier and went from being 298 to 270 within a month :O
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I can't cite a reference, but I read somewhere that CLA produced nominal reductions in body fat, to the tune of oz per week. I have used it in the past, but now I feel that I could accomplish the same results without it. The result is saving my money!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    My husband uses fish oil. Just for the cardiovascular benefits alone.
  • caterpillar2Butterfly
    Options
    bump
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    i take daily a multi vitamin, vit d-3, omega 3-6-9, flax oil, L Carnitine, green tea extract and Konjac Root...gonna be adding the cla this weekend
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Do your research. I've tried Tonalin CLA it is processed from plant material. If you want the real thing eat grass fed farm fed beef. I wish I could remember where I read that but I can't. However, when it comes to fish oil take omega 3 not 6. Too much Omega 6 is no good for your heart. If you eat fish you already get enough of it. I do know I read that much in the book "the new rules of lifting for women". Hope that helps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    My husband and son did some lengthy online research on CLA, Omega 3 and Omegs 6 oils and their benefit to aiding in weight loss. My husband has dropped 40lbs without any exercise at all and he just takes these oil capsules and eats less....It's been proven to work in studies. Just curious if anyone else uses CLA, Flaxseed oil, and Fish/Borage oils on a daily basis? Besides weight loss, it is also beneficial for cardiovascular health and has antioxidant properties. Let me know.
    While beneficial, CLA really only has worked in clinical studies for the obese and very overweight who have not engaged in any physical activity. Like most "supplements" it's effect is minute. Since Omega 3 and 6 are found in most oily fish, it's a good oil to add for essentials.