What Would You Do?

yankeefamily05
yankeefamily05 Posts: 657
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I swear. The darnest things happen to me. I don't know if it because people feel very comfortable talking to me or what.

My husband and I had a small get together for Memorial Day. We invited his cousin and his fiance. We were having a conversation about bikinis. Now mind you, I have been working really really hard and its noticeable that I have lost weight. Shes like, *Ed* and I were at the party last night, there were these girls that 3 times the size of me wearing bikinis and stuff. And I said to *Ed* oh jeez, I am alot smaller than them, why can't I wear a bikini. They looked so gross blah blah blah.

I was like. Huh?...I had no idea what the heck to say. I was thinking to myself, ok who cares? If they want to rock a bikini that is up to them. Do you have the same feelings about me when I wear shorts and a spaghetti strapped tank top(which what I was wearing)...

Do *some* people have no sensitivity? Or what is the deal.

Replies

• alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Sounds like someone taking their insecurities out on others.

I get a lot of skinny girls telling me how fat they are and how much they hate the way they look. I never know what to say because I like the way I look and I weigh 60 pounds more than them.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    I swear. The darnest things happen to me. I don't know if it because people feel very comfortable talking to me or what.

My husband and I had a small get together for Memorial Day. We invited his cousin and his fiance. We were having a conversation about bikinis. Now mind you, I have been working really really hard and its noticeable that I have lost weight. Shes like, *Ed* and I were at the party last night, there were these girls that 3 times the size of me wearing bikinis and stuff. And I said to *Ed* oh jeez, I am alot smaller than them, why can't I wear a bikini. They looked so gross blah blah blah.

I was like. Huh?...I had no idea what the heck to say. I was thinking to myself, ok who cares? If they want to rock a bikini that is up to them. Do you have the same feelings about me when I wear shorts and a spaghetti strapped tank top(which what I was wearing)...
    I have family like that . I call them idiots!
    Do *some* people have no sensitivity? Or what is the deal.
    Well , I have family like that . I ignore them . Idiots:)
    No matter what is the subject , they will have something to comment. It is not about you , it is about them.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Sounds like someone taking their insecurities out on others.

I get a lot of skinny girls telling me how fat they are and how much they hate the way they look. I never know what to say because I like the way I look and I weigh 60 pounds more than them.
    like , like , like!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    My friend is maybe about 135...no cellulite, the tiniest bit of pudge on her stomach, and i was waiting on her to get ready for us to go out and get some drinks and after outfit after outfit she says "ugh i look freaking morbidly obese, it's so disgusting I CAN'T GO OUT" and i was all "umm i am morbidly obese and im going out....so should i never go out because im fat?" and she tried to cover with how i wear cute clothes that flatter my body etc....but still it really hit deep that some people think that if you are overweight you should hve no enjoyment in life
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    I think it is all in your attitude. I know people that by the medical standards have the "perfect" body yet I think that they are sad looking as they seem obsessed with their body and how they look.
    Then there are people that are medically overweight but they are the sexiest most attractive people I know. They have an air of confidence and ease.
    If everyones body was the same how totally boring the world would be!

if you have the confidence to rock a bikini, a tank top, or nothing at all...then power to you!
  • atashap
    atashap Posts: 85
    My friend is maybe about 135...no cellulite, the tiniest bit of pudge on her stomach, and i was waiting on her to get ready for us to go out and get some drinks and after outfit after outfit she says "ugh i look freaking morbidly obese, it's so disgusting I CAN'T GO OUT" and i was all "umm i am morbidly obese and im going out....so should i never go out because im fat?" and she tried to cover with how i wear cute clothes that flatter my body etc....but still it really hit deep that some people think that if you are overweight you should hve no enjoyment in life

I Hate when people do that try to cover up the insult they just gave you by saying crap like....."oh you carry your weight better than me" or "but you have curves so thick looks good on you" bull crap, how stupid does that sound some people need to just shut-up.
This discussion has been closed.