do you go to bed hungry???

Options
It is 11:15p.m. and I have eaten all but 19 calories and I'm soooo hungry. Just curious what everyone else does when this happens. do you go to bed hungry? or do you get a snack?

4433730.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of water and that seems to help. It's what I'm doing now :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    i drink a big glass of water and hope that the hunger stays at bay until I can fall asleep... But my hunger is not genuine hunger normally. It's because I used to snack in bed before sleeping and my body craves sweet things when I go to bed.
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me I usually have a 5 cal Jell-O with some tea. Or I have a serving of veg (like cucumber or celery). Surprisingly this seems to do the trick for me!
  • monstr0sity
    Options
    I usually have a green tea. warm, soothing, filling and 0 calories :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i go to bed hungry :/
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Is this a one off thing? If so, eat something. Don't go to bed hungry. If it happens often you may want to reevaluate your diet and calorie target.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i can't sleep hungry, so since it's after midnight, i'd count the cals toward the next day & if it is earlier, being 100 cals over every so often isn't going to ruin our goals :o)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i can't sleep hungry, so since it's after midnight, i'd count the cals toward the next day & if it is earlier, being 100 cals over every so often isn't going to ruin our goals :o)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I try not to. But I wake up starved, lol
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Never, I have a casein protein shake right before bed.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Water or a healthy snack fruit, jello, veggies etc... I know if I go to bed hungry I wake up in the middle of the night craving food and that usually gets me in trouble! Its funny how much your will power goes away when you are half asleep. At least it does for me :frown:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'll usually have a yogurt right before i go to bed as I can't fall asleep when I'm hungry.
  • agarjogger
    Options
    I keep lots of cold bottled water in the fridge and lots of chewing gum on hand. If I'm hungry and it's not time to eat, I go for one of those. Keeping your stomach full of water and your mouth full of gum is a pretty foolproof way of dealing with a voracious appetite.
  • Michtoomuch
    Michtoomuch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, initially I have. I personally have made friends with "hunger" and have come to the conclusion that it is nothing but a spoiled child! I am so used to giving in___ It screams and I feed it.
    Not necessary if I have eaten enough calories and gotten enough exercise, water and sleep. This was a huge ah-ha moment for me. ANyway now that I have learned to ignore hunger it doesn't pain me as much anymore.

side note: I am new to MFP and am looking to friend fellow life changers on their journey.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    No, I never go to bed hungry. I will eat some of my exercise calories at the end of the day. You will eventually get to know when you need to eat so that you don't fall into the "I am starving" phase and want to eat everything in sight. I eat a small meal OR snack about every 3 hours which works for me - and I stay within my caloric limits.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I never go to bed hungry. I don't believe in it. And I go to bed around 2 - 3am almost every night. Exercise calories and excellently planned schedules of feeding seem to help. If ever there are times where I have a minimal amount of calories left, I'll suck it up and just go over for the day, then start brand new the next day with better planning.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    try a small snack and some Skim milk...
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I do. Most of the time i have managed to spread out my cals enough so i don't but then i also get woken in the night by my kids and i'm ravenous by the time i get back to bed it does make it so i take longer to get back to sleep but i live with it. Even when i was eating more i'd be in the same i've never eaten in the middle of the night. That's the one bad habit i never got into.
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    I quite often do, especially if I had a big lunch so had to eat a smaller dinner to make up for it. I just go to bed thinking 'I can't wait for it to be morning so I can eat breakfast'. Hahaha.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    if youre genuinely hungry and its not just psychological craving, then eat something. just have a cereal bar or a yoghurt or something. Going 100 cals or 200 cals over your allowance occasionally will not make a difference, since MFP usually puts you at a 250 - 500 cal a day deficit anyway. The worst thing that will happen is it will be a maintenance day instead of a loss day, but if its genuine hunger, then probably not even that. If youre so hungry that you cant sleep, that is likely to be more of a hindrance to weightloss than having an extra snack