2lbs away from goal weight....still have tummy fat =(

Options
Im so close to reaching my goal of 118lbs. I still think 120lbs is a good weight to be at 5'5" but i have the bulge around my stomach that wont go away. So frustrating../my legs are very thin and toned but my stomach wont budge! Any suggestions?

Replies

• The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    is it subcutaneous water?
  • mandie26
    mandie26 Posts: 59
    Options
    Honestly, for your height, I wouldn't go lower than your goal weight. You should focus on exercises that really work the core! Like yoga or pilates, perhaps?
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    BUMP.....i am right there with ya!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm @ my goal weight & I still have tummy issues.

For me, I think I just need to do more ab exercises. My stomach is not the only flabby thing on my body. I just need to do a whole lot of toning.

I've heard that running is really good for stomach fat. I started back this week. I hope that helps! :/
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    A trainer at my gym told me that belly fat is about 70% diet...not sure if the percentage is correct, but I lost a lot of belly fat when I started eating more vegetables and fiber...don't know what your eating plan is like, but maybe look at changing that up? anyway...congrats on getting close to your goal weight!
  • Europego
    Europego Posts: 1
    Options
    May sound harsh but sometimes you can not get rid of it. The only way could only be liposuction .
    Speak to a Personal trainer see what they think but I know women who have tried a year of Ab work and it does not move that
    roll of fat around the tummy ! I think its in our genetics But I agree I don't think you should get any lower than your goal weight.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    read the "relatively lean people trying to get leaner" in my sig :) Try not to focus on scale weight but body composition.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    May sound harsh but sometimes you can not get rid of it. The only way could only be liposuction .
    Speak to a Personal trainer see what they think but I know women who have tried a year of Ab work and it does not move that
    roll of fat around the tummy ! I think its in our genetics But I agree I don't think you should get any lower than your goal weight.

umm, that's because ab work doesn't reduce belly fat. Calorific deficits (through diet and exercise) will reduce bodyfat. The first place you gain it is the last you lose it. Unfortunately.
  • Imvidal
    Imvidal Posts: 22
    Options
    Tummy fat is one of my biggest issues as well. Since I started I have not budged from a 4lbs loss but I have seen mayor changes in my body. I strength train so I know my growing muscle is the culprit...LOL, but specially since I started doing the C25K running program I have started to see a mayor change. Running is supposed to help with fat loss the most. I also wear religiously when I run the rubber exercise belts.I wear two so that it covers from under my breast to as low as I can go :-). .Some say that wearing an exercise rubber belt (the ones with velcro) does not work due to the fact that you only sweat water...but for me it has been great. I've noticed my shape change. I it makes me sweat tons. Finally I also just started to take Fucoxanthin, it's a seaweed (but contains IODINE) so people who are allergic can't take it. Read up on it. (Fucothin) My friend uses it and swears by it and it is supposed to target belly fat. I can't give you feedback yet cuz I literally started today.

Hope this helps.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wow we are kind of identical. I'm 5"5, goal weight 118 I am sitting around 120 at the moment and still have a frustrating little stomach pouch. And my name is Jessica. Haha. I have read the Interval Cardio is good but basically it's about changing your body composition to get more lean muscle less fat that will have us winning in the end!
  • Imvidal
    Imvidal Posts: 22
    Options
    OHH and DIET is key! I totally agree with that!...you can wear a million rubber belts and that sucker will stay right where it is.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My advice, diet is first cut the sugar and keep sodium in check, lots of fiber, and drink a lot of water.
    Fitness wise : running intervals, sprinting, hills, and circuit training.
    Good luck!
  • jessicazanebell
    jessicazanebell Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow we are kind of identical. I'm 5"5, goal weight 118 I am sitting around 120 at the moment and still have a frustrating little stomach pouch. And my name is Jessica. Haha. I have read the Interval Cardio is good but basically it's about changing your body composition to get more lean muscle less fat that will have us winning in the end!

wow!!! haha thats too funny =) I have heard the same thing and have been doing lots of interval cardio but I started mfp doing interval cardio and still have the pouch. i've decided to lower my carbs, i heard that helps get rid of stored fat in the tummy area, just started so no feedback yet
  • jessicazanebell
    Options
    My advice, diet is first cut the sugar and keep sodium in check, lots of fiber, and drink a lot of water.
    Fitness wise : running intervals, sprinting, hills, and circuit training.
    Good luck!
    thx for the advice. I just realised I really havent been drinking much water b/c i didnt want to retain it. but little did i know i needed to drink more water to avoid retaining lots of water. I also just stopped using hot sauce and soy sauce, i used to put one of these on everything i ate b/c they were low cal. hopefully these changes help =)
  • jessicazanebell
    Options
    read the "relatively lean people trying to get leaner" in my sig :) Try not to focus on scale weight but body composition.
    thx for the helpful links!