Before and After - Future Ironman! ^^

Options
2»

Replies

• run_momma_run
    Options
    Lookin' good!

I would love to do an ironman!! I have done 2 marathons (both before kids), and I look forward to running my 3rd marathon in 2012. Maybe in 2013 I can do an ironman!!!

Very inspiring - GREAT JOB!
  • ranjant
    ranjant Posts: 33
    Options
    ^^
    Fabulous job. I am training for my first sprint triathlon so to see you have had a weightloss journey and competing in ironman is very inspirational. Have you done other tri distances? x

I haven't done any triathlon races so far. I'm not fast not slow just in between and I enjoy endurance races where you you think you have given everything else, then draw your inner strength to keep going and I am really bad on short distances. ^^ Cross training has alot of impact :) I did so much bike and swim training for my marathons and half prior. I am part of the dolphins swim team in my early teens before I went obese so that definitely helps ^^. forgot to mention I will be doing a half distance ironman on September just to get a feel of the ironman atmosphere :)
  • bailey1981
    Options
    ^^
    Fabulous job. I am training for my first sprint triathlon so to see you have had a weightloss journey and competing in ironman is very inspirational. Have you done other tri distances? x

I haven't done any triathlon races so far. I'm not fast not slow just in between and I enjoy endurance races where you you think you have given everything else, then draw your inner strength to keep going and I am really bad on short distances. ^^ Cross training has alot of impact :) I did so much bike and swim training for my marathons and half prior. I am part of the dolphins swim team in my early teens before I went obese so that definitely helps ^^. forgot to mention I will be doing a half distance ironman on September just to get a feel of the ironman atmosphere :)

I think that's a good strategy... do a half ironman first. I too do far better at endurance than short distance... but wanted to start shorter distance and work my way up the distances. My theory being I can set myself goals and keep focused. I've also got myself a personal trainer every other week who competes in ironman triathlons twice a year! He is a beast but very inspirational!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!