New in NC...

Options
I've been on MFP for about 2 1/2 weeks...This is the first time I've been on the message boards...I'm just wanting to introduce my self and say hi...I'm just getting into this system...I had a rough/downer of a day, and for the first time in 17 days, I blew my calorie count over by like 1000 calories on bar food...I know it it was just emotional eating...but with 17 good days with all but 2 under my calorie limit...today was the only major slip up...I think that's a pretty good start...I've just got to pick myself up and get back on it tomorrow...I welcome friendship from anyone in this area that's going through the same torment I'm going through...Oh, did I mention I'm an award winning gourmet chef??? That doesn't help matters...But I am working on how to cook healthy gourmet foods...any help in this area would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are not far from me. I'm in Mint Hill :) I'll send you a friend request.
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am in the same area just over the boarder thought in Rock Hill (workin Charlotte).
  • CapnWain
    CapnWain Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome from another NCer. I'm in the Triad.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Welcome, OP!
    Welcome. I am in the same area just over the boarder thought in Rock Hill (workin Charlotte).

I'm in Rock Hill also!
  • kblau
    kblau Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm also in NC! I live in Cary. Welcome to MFP! You'll really love it : )
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't know how I missed this! Here is your official welcome my friend! The door was open, and I'm glad you decided to walk through and join us. This is, without a doubt, the best place to be for losing weight. No judgements, no books, no plans programs or fads. Just a lot of like-minded people with the same goal - to be the healthiest they can be! :)

I'm in Ballantyne for all you other CLT area folks, and always up for more local friends (more people to rope into bootcamp!). :)