motivation?

Options
i need more motivation, my wedding is 9 weeks tomorrow and i weigh 201, so am looking to lose at least 18 lbs before then, 2 lbs a week, i was doing SO well until last week

i have lost 9 lbs already since the 1st of dec, so i know i can do it, i just have to get back on track again tomorrow, just having a glass of wine later, no more food tonight, its 7pm here

hope you all had a good xmas xxx

Replies

• stargirlie
    Options
    i need more motivation, my wedding is 9 weeks tomorrow and i weigh 201, so am looking to lose at least 18 lbs before then, 2 lbs a week, i was doing SO well until last week

i have lost 9 lbs already since the 1st of dec, so i know i can do it, i just have to get back on track again tomorrow, just having a glass of wine later, no more food tonight, its 7pm here

hope you all had a good xmas xxx
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You can do this and you will look beautiful regardless of weight.
    Plan out what your going to eat and try something new. There is something very rewarding about trying new things even if they aren't exactly what you expect. Have some fun this is a wonderful time in your life.

Never give up and never turn away from something worthwhile. And YOU are definately worthwhile.
  • stargirlie
    Options
    thanks so much, its hard to get back on track :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Oh Stargirlie I know it is hard but oh sooo worth it! Someone on this site once said and I quote"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels", I use that as a mantra when my motivation is low and I really want that piece of chocolate. Eve23 is right you will be a beautiful bride regardless. Good luck to you and come back and talk if you want to. ~Karen
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posters - all brides are beautiful no matter their weight! It's the look of pure joy and love that makes her shine. I am sure you will look absolutely stunning.

I like the idea of planning out your meals. You should try and make a menu for the next couple of weeks and be sure to stick to it by only buying the items necessary to make the chosen meals when you go to the grocery store. Include your drinks and snacks on the menu too so you won't be tempted to just grab anything when you find yourself a little hungry or bored between meals.

Good luck!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    And skip the wine. :wink:
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    And skip the wine. :wink:

Ha, ha! :laugh:

Although I did just read in Women's Health that a single drink a day can help you lose weight. The reasoning? Alcohol consumption can help curb a sweet tooth/cravings. :happy:
  • stargirlie
    Options
    hi guys, thanks for all the support, got back on track today, was tough, but i stuck within my calories :tongue:

i find the glass of wine in the evening helps not wanting to eat chocolate + chips! :flowerforyou:
  • lovableditz
    Options
    one of the quotes that keeps me motivated is "is food as importante as happiness in life"
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Shock your body. Pump up your exercise routine. Skip the wine:noway: :sad:
    Keep up what you are doing and enjoy your wedding day. Don't beat yourself up trying.
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I lost about 30lbs for my wedding 18 months ago and i look back now and it was soooooo worth it!!
    Even tho i agree that all brides are beautiful and you will be overjoyed on the day no matter what you weigh!

I would also suggest more strength training as the day gets nearer as toned arms look fantastic in a white wedding gown!!! :happy:

You will be so happy you stuck to it when you look back at those photos!!

You can do it!! :flowerforyou:

Oh I so want to get married again!! :laugh: