NSV and all that jazz

Options
MobyLovesPie
MobyLovesPie Posts: 29 Member
It's taken longer than it ever had done before but I am finally starting to see some body shape and composition victories.

Now I think I should point out that I've not been a slave to calorie counting and I've not forbidden myself anything I wanted. It's been a manageable lifestyle shift, which I think I'll be able to maintain. I've simply had smaller portions, upped my exercise and made little changes with the types of ingredients I put in meals. It's fair to say that I would have seen bigger results on the stats below had I been more strict with myself, however, knowing me, I don't think I would have maintained the 'lifestyle' and almost certainly would have given up by now.

From March to June:

Weight from 77.3kg [170lbs] to 68.6kg [151lbs] ---> Loss 8.7kg [19lbs]

Waist from 99cm [40"] to 85.5cm [34"] ---> Loss 13.5cm [5.4"]

Hips from 107cm [43"] to 98cm [39"] ---> Loss 9cm [3.6"]

Body Fat Percentage from 38.6% to 34.5% ---> Loss 4.1%

Muscle Mass from 37.5% to 38.8%---> Gain 1.3%

I now need to really work on building my muscle mass and reducing my body fat percentage. To do this I'm just planning to work in more resistance training in to my week. Muscle is a metabolic machine. 1lb burns 50kcal a day (there or there about)

Finally, thank you MFP and all associates

Replies

• cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Personally I think you're appraoch to weightloss and fitness is perfect.....well for me anyway. I'm very similar in that I want to enjoy what I eat and if that means a slower change then I'm happy with that. Everything in moderation!
    And your results so far are fantastic.....good luck for the next 3 months !
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty much going that same route...if you simply morph into a different way of eating and working out, it becomes your day-to-day and you can live with it forever. It's taking me forever to lose ALL the weight I want to lose, but i know once i get to that point, it will be a lot easier to maintain it.
    good work and keep it up!!
  • MobyLovesPie
    MobyLovesPie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, Guys, and best of luck with your continuing (everything in moderation) success x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!