Water?

Options
We recommend that you drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Click the arrows to add or subtract cups of water.

Why?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Normally, we get a fair amount of water from our foods. When you reduce the amount of food you're consuming, it's easy to inadvertently dehydrate yourself. Even mild dehydration has negative effects on your body and your weight loss, so it's best to aim for at least 8 8oz glasses of water per day to protect your health. If you exercise or live in hot weather, you will likely need even more than that.
  • msminyon
    msminyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm sloshing around trying to drink that much but I'm still trying, it's almost as bad as being preggers and having to run to the bathroom several times a day...lol.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    The best article I've ever seen about water - addresses some of the myths, explains why it's criticial to drink enough for good health, and gives some tips on how to drink more of it.

http://www.experiencelifemag.com/issues/june-2010/health-wellness/drink-to-your-health.html

Your bathroom trips should decrease as you get used to drinking more. (At least, many people find that it happens that way.)
  • msminyon
    msminyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    wow what a great article, ok the more energy thing is a positive light shed I ahd not heard before.